What Are Your Funny Tarantula Stories ?

pongdict

Arachnosquire
I was rehousing 2 slings. Amazon delivery distracted me after the first rehouse. When I was done and putting the enclosures back in place I noticed 1 sling inside the the hide and another on top of the hide, both in the same enclosure! Gave me a heart attack. Good thing I found out real quick.

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
I have a funny video. Does that count?
My T blondi 'playing' with a ping pong ball.

I was rehousing 2 slings. Amazon delivery distracted me after the first rehouse. When I was done and putting the enclosures back in place I noticed 1 sling inside the the hide and another on top of the hide, both in the same enclosure! Gave me a heart attack. Good thing I found out real quick.
Lady Luck was on your side for sure 👍

animelover619

Arachnopeon
I was at my cousins house and his tarantula met me in the bathroom and I nearly peed myself

Eggiess

Arachnopeon
Had my avic spew a straight line of poop on his wall and then watch me clean it with the smugness of a cat.

cold blood

Staff member
One time (not at band camp) I was packing a few A. ezendami slings for shipping. On the 3rd one, as I put it in the vial, everything went smooth, but as I peered inside, the sling wasnt there. I spent 20 minutes looking, but couldn't locate it. I went back, grabbed another sling and packed it up so I could get to the shipper in time. I walk out to my car on the street and my neighbor pulls up....as we chat for a couple minutes, I feel something on my arm......and the little sling walks out from my t shirt (armpit) and onto my forearm to my wrist.....neighbor and I had a little laugh as I ran back inside to secure the little guy...haha

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
One time (not at band camp) I was packing a few A. ezendami slings for shipping. On the 3rd one, as I put it in the vial, everything went smooth, but as I peered inside, the sling wasnt there. I spent 20 minutes looking, but couldn't locate it. I went back, grabbed another sling and packed it up so I could get to the shipper in time. I walk out to my car on the street and my neighbor pulls up....as we chat for a couple minutes, I feel something on my arm......and the little sling walks out from my t shirt (armpit) and onto my forearm to my wrist.....neighbor and I had a little laugh as I ran back inside to secure the little guy...haha
Lucky it was with such a lax species

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
slings of this species are fast, bolty little things though.
rly? i expected them to be chill like the adults, although i've never owned one

This post was typed with my mouse and on-screen keyboard, so forgive any errors : )

coldbl00ded

Arachnosquire
Hey The Spider House, what theraposa species is good for beginners in the genus?

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
I consider the theraphosa genus to be intermediate considering there speed and moisture requirements. I do not know which one is the best starter off as I never owned one

coldbl00ded

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info
  • :spider:

With one of my feeders, the superworms, one of them changed into a beetle so I'm gonna keep it as a pet.
:D

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I had a C. huahini run into the overflow drain in my bathroom during a rehouse. Lived in there for 2 weeks, webbing, everything. I tried every conceivable method to get him out. Eventually resorted to blasting him out with an air compressor and caught him in a Ziplock bag. I've never seen such an angry arachnid.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I have a funny video. Does that count?
My T blondi 'playing' with a ping pong ball.

Oh man that is hilarious. Just so you know you just broke a myth. Putting ping pong balls in a T's enclosure for them to play with was a laughing joke on the people that did it.

Well looks like you proved T's do interact with them. You're the first one I've read and seen a video from proving they do, 🍻.