What are these?

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
cought 3 of these little scorps while on a hike the other night. Not my preferred pets but I've had common pet store ones before, just trying to find out if anyone here would know the species? I'm assuming they are Bark Scorpions but Like I said I'm a N00b on these guys. Location was the foothills of the Santa Monica Mtns in the Los Angeles county

Thanks!
-Will

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They aren't bark scorpions in the general sense. They look to be Paruroctonus silvestrii to me. Not 100% sure though.

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
They aren't bark scorpions in the general sense. They look to be Paruroctonus silvestrii to me. Not 100% sure though.
Thanks, I was hoping they wouldnt be barks. Pretty sure they Paruroctonus silvestrii. Common in the area and quite similar looking to what I have judging from pictures I'm seeing.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No problem! Be careful with them together though. I haven't kept them in years but I remember they aren't very communal.

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
Gotcha, I gave them 3 flat pieces of wood with "started" burrows into the substrate within the enclosure they are now in,and they each seem to be digging their own little tunnels. But they are munching down crickets like crazy!

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Being in CA you have it made. Lots of cool species around that are completely overlooked in the hobby. My favorites are Pseudouroctonus ssp. Very small but sooooo cool.

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
Gonna have to to hit them trails at night more often and with a black light then! Thanks again !