What are the most common names for pet spiders?

Have you owned spiders with any of these names? Select all that apply

• Total voters

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
What are their names? Sometimes I like to theme name when I buy several slings of the same species. I've got RCF Rosies named "Apricot", "Mango", and "Peach", along with a pair of BCF A. seemanni named "Levis" and "Wrangler"

The closest I've had was a (tragically short-lived) A. moderatum named after Carnage.
The T. albopilosum are as follows:

Mop
Broom
Feather Duster
Toothbrush

My E. pachypus:

Reina de los Diablos

P. atrichromatus:

Tweezer (this one yanked a set of tongs out of my hand when I was trying to give it a superworm and I wasn't even tong feeding, Iwas just dropping the worm in the enclosure)

T. schroederi:

Garbage disposal

Last edited:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I suspect at least 60% of education tarantulas are named "Rosie".
That's how my "Rosie" got her name - my students named her. When you get a bunch of first and second graders trying to come up with names for a "Rose hair" tarantula, Rosie is such an obvious choice! Kids at that age aren't really known for originality.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a bunch named after the various symbiotes

Venom - T. schroederi
Carnage - P. atrichomatus
Riot - T. polybotes
Lasher - P. cambridgei
Toxin - N. sp. "Panama"
Agony - B. klaasi
Full Disclosure: I haven't actually read much Spider-Man, I'm more a DC reader. Carnage! (the exclamation point is apparently mandatory) was named by a Marvel-reading friend.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
The T. albopilosum are as follows:

Mop
Broom
Feather Duster
Toothbrush

My E. pachypus:

Reina de los Diablos

P. atrichromatus:

Tweezer (this one yanked a set of tongs out of my hand when I was trying to give it a superworm and I wasn't even tong feeding, Iwas just dropping the worm in the enclosure)

B. schroederi:

Garbage disposal
Whoops just realized I put the old genus abbreviation, too late now

Few seconds later edit: apparently I can still edit the post

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
All of mine are given names and I have not used any of the names in the poll. Out of all of them, the top three that I come across are Rosie, Charlotte, and Itsy... in that order.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Oh but my G. rosea was named Rosie when I got her. I renamed her Winnie immediately but to her old caretakers I still refer to her as Rosie, begrudgingly.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Miy spiders all have ridiculous names, but perhaps the most unoriginal one I'm guilty of is "Boudica", my D pentaloris, which I felt somewhat sheepish about naming. Or possibly Selma and Patty, my Kukulcania ladies that I named after Marge Simpson's sisters.

I've seen SO MANY Shelobs, Aragogs, Mosags, and Charlottes. I haven't seen that many Borises, surprisingly.