What Are The Laws For Tarantulas On An Airplane?

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Yeah it made me upset when I saw it. It's not the firearms it's the people that clearly didn't care. Alot of these cactus riddled with bullet holes were higher up. So I knew it was deliberate.
When I go to the LA Zoo all of the cacti that have been growing there since i was a kid or longer, i'm 47, have carved names and crap all over them from the public. If it were a section of an art museum then i guess, but it's the freakin zoo, it looks shameful. I better not start seeing that in nature.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
forget the site, just google, and search for Dark Sky…

Its a legit org that has specific criteria for a park to get that claim. It’s so popular that in the last few years parks have been advertising their Dark status.

Summer is best for Milky Way observation of course in Moab, but been there during winter and it’s still gorgeous
Found and bookmarked it.

The map shows a park in North St. Louis, MO. I'm not far from that. Hard for me to believe they found a spot in a light pollution dirty city or that a whole area is using the lighting recommended by Dark Sky. I'll have to check that place out.

When I go to the LA Zoo all of the cacti that have been growing there since i was a kid or longer, i'm 47, have carved names and crap all over them from the public. If it were a section of an art museum then i guess, but it's the freakin zoo, it looks shameful. I better not start seeing that in nature.
It's sad there are so many people who simply don't care or respect nature.

When I used to go fishing all the time it always made me mad how much trash around and in the water there is from people littering. I always try to pick alot of the garbage up.

For all those types of people there are alot of people who do care.

The people who care make the difference. It gives some hope that the whole human race hasn't gone to hell in hand basket yet. There's still alot of good people.

pocock1899

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You can NOT collect from National Parks like Saguaro and Grand Canyon. You CAN collect for personal use from most state parks. Check with the rangers when you enter. Catalina State Park is a good one to check out.
You can NOT bring them back on any airline. No airline will allow them in carryon or checked luggage. TSA will confiscate and destroy the spider. If they believe that you were (in ANY way) trying to smuggle the spider on board, you could be suspended from flying privileges. (How do you plan to get home if you can't fly?)
While in AZ, they are fun to find, and even more fun to tease out of a burrow. But leave them there. Let someone else have fun too. Seriously, buy captive raised from a vendor. Little risk, no damage to the environment, supporting the wild species, and you know you are getting one without parasites or injuries. You get a feeling of accomplishment from growing your own spider from a tiny spiderling to an adult.
JMO>