What are tarantulas prey for?

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm doing a project on how tarantulas have adapted to their environment. Most of my examples have to do with creating burrows, in some cases camouflage, distinct vibrant colors to warn away predators but...I have yet to think of any predators other then maybe toads and centipedes. If anyone could give me any help it would be much appreciated. Also a example of a predator for a P. Regalis would be even more appreciated, thanks!

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Tarantula Hawk Wasp, among others.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most anything larger than them could make a meal of 'em. Monkeys, meerkats, tarantula hawks (listed by JC), scorpions, coatimundis, wild cats, centipedes, other tarantulas, some birds (roadrunners, crows, and magpies probably could), large frogs/toads, ants, coyotes, jackels, lizards (like monitors), people, lots of species of fish (if they fell in the water or if the fish jumped out of the water and grabbed it off a branch for exs), on and on and on

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
chickens will take apart a MM aphonopelma in seconds and eat it if they come across one in my neck of the woods.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some people could be considered predatory towards tarantulas.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I've heard from people in Texas & Arizona that some "bird of prey" have dined on them before.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
^^^I'm curious as to which. I don't doubt you, I just don't know of any that would take an adult T (not counting dwarves I guess). Not too many insectivorous (arachnivorous?) snakes unless they're small....

Madratter

Arachnopeon
I honestly don't remember the type of snake or the tarantula but it was on one of those Discovery type shows.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And some of the species mentioned in this thread sometimes fall prey to tarantulas, such as scorpions, centipedes and even hawk wasp does not allways get the last sting;-)

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
And some of the species mentioned in this thread sometimes fall prey to tarantulas, such as scorpions, centipedes and even hawk wasp does not allways get the last sting;-)
+ venomous snakes. :)

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Wouldn't most animals dining on new worlds die from the U-hairs?
I don't recall urticating hairs ever being deadly. The hairs are for defense purpose, and only agitate certain organic textures, different urticating hairs affect different organisms differently.