Question What are "Tags"? Posting new media to Gallery

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
Title says it all. Tried to post a couple pics to the gallery and it required 2 'tags' to each pic?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It shouldn't require you to tag anything. It makes you post in a specific gallery, but tags are optional. They're just there to make indexing them in a search easier, but I personally never use them.

Which gallery are you posting to?

Last edited:

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
I just need an example of what a 'tag' is, I've tried typing various things but it won't accept them.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A tag is a word that people can search for that will bring up your picture. Just think of it as something relevant, example would be "feeders" for cricket.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I just tried it; you're able to tag it how you see fit. Add the family, the genus, or whatever. Or you can always upload it to "I don't pay attention to where I post my photos"!

cold blood

Staff member
I had the same issue, and it wasn't just adding a label. I did everything I could, never could figure out what it was they wanted. I did the same and posted it in "I don't pay attention..."

I was trying to put it in one of the insect options (other insects) as it was roaches.

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
Could someone summon a Mod, or someone that may be able to comment on this issue? I'd like to be able to post to the 'other insects' section in the future.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Not sure how, but the Other Invertebrates category had a minimum of 2 tags set. That was an error that I just fixed. You should be able to post to that and all other categories without adding tags.