What are good looking new world T's?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Aww man, you're making me want another hair-flicker....:shifty:
:D
My girl is currently in premolt I will post pics when she does so, S/B over 7" this time around. They grow really fast with large increases each molt. She would rather run to her hide or destroy whatever hits the sub than flick hairs. but if you need to rehouse then all bets are off.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
If all you got is G. Porteri I would recommend the hardy L. Parahybana or L. Difficilis they are stunning and get very large plus they barely cost a thing. If you want something more colourful go for B. Smithi, B. albiceps or B. Boeihmei. They are more expensive but will stick around for a long time and it can be very rewarding to raise a sling to maturity. Check out a few of my specimens! And good luck man!

Attachments

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I think all of the ones I can think of have been named.

If you are struggling to choose by all the nice colors and styles, you may want to first narrow your preferences between these options.

Type: Arboreal, Terrestrial, Fossorial
Size Range: Giant size, Middle size, Dwarf size

Or you could just choose the flavor of the month like many of us and suddenly find yourself wishing Federal Express gave frequent flyer miles.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Depends on what youre after.

Juruensis
Diversipes
Irminia
Almost every Pampho
Gbb
Elegans

I could go on and on..

cold blood

Staff member
I was excited about the P. platyomma too, and then I found out that only the males (which are short-lived) get the purple coloration. The females are mostly black and kind of plain.
Yeah, female Pamphs look awful:shifty:

fluffy?? View media item 38449

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
Yeah, female Pamphs look awful:shifty:

fluffy?? View media item 38449
The frist fluffy one is cute

creepa

Arachnoknight
If i have to choose i would say Thrixopelma cyaneolum... (this was my 2nd theraposidae way back and now thinking about her i kinda miss her...)
Incredibly gorgeous blue spider with red setae on the abdomen as juvenile...

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight
If someone is expecting a bright purple tarantula, and they get a black one instead, how do you think they would feel? I see nothing wrong with pointing out sexual dimorphism to someone who probably isn't aware of it.
Caaaalm doooown... i don't really care that a female tarantula of a specific species is black, it looks good too if i'm being honest.