what arboreal should i get next?

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
as of right now as far as experience with arboreal's i got 2 pinktoes what would you recommend for my next arboreal?

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't have much experience in Ts yet, but you could look into Avicularia versicolor. These guys are beautiful.

Bry

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i was thinking about getting Avicularia metallica anyone have one???

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

if your going for avics, try for a A. minatrix or A. purpurea awesome looking avics in my opinion, or pokies (any of them are great), P. irminia, H. maculata, lots and lots of awesome aboreal out there though...

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd try for a pokie!! They're more manageable than most books say, just don't get bit. They tend to be rather shy,not overly aggressive.

Andy

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
do you think if i can handle having an h.lividum
would i be ready for a pokie?

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, I don't think pokies are as defensive as Cobalts. Just don't attempt to handle a pokie. But if you have a lividum you can handle a pokie.

Andy

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well ,I love the T's in the Genus Psalmopoeus.My very first arboral was a P.cambridgei,then I got a P.irminia,then a P.reduncus,just have to get that pulcher. They are beutiful T's.
Doug

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I guess it depends on if you plan on handling your new arboreal or not. If not, go with the pokies, if you want to handle it, go with a Avic. I have many of them and they are great. The A. metallica I have is around 2.5-3", it is fast at times, but it is doscile also.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I say go with the P.cambridgei. The Trinidad chevron is an aboreal and man are they awesome looking. But if you get another avic, then I agree with Weapon-X.

Becky

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
i was thinking about the P.cambridgei i have heard that they are fast little deamons and can be really deffinsive? as mentioned before the only arboreal i have experience with is the avic avic.id love to get a P.cambridgei they are such beautiful spiders i just hope im ready for one if you guys think so ill order one on monday.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
aboreals

I've got several aboreals now...Indian ornamental..A.versicolor..A.metallica...T.chevron..Togo starburst...I'm partial to the Indian ornamental(p.regalis)...just an absolutely stunning looking T..although all are great T's....Get them all...lol....peace...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I agree, get a P. cambridgei. It may be a bit faster and more skittish, but I don't think unless you're trying to handle it all the time you have much to worry about..

Bill