What animal in bottom crate?

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Some kind of small jungle deer? What species?

<Image removed by moderator. Copyright violation>

Last edited by a moderator:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Looks to me very much like a muntjac, but I can't see it very clearly. What is this picturing?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Looks to me very much like a muntjac,
I'm going to go for an immature water deer. Hydropotes something. Uniform dark brown or reddish body and lighter colored neck. Common in river areas. Nuisance animal where predators have been hunted out. That one has been fattened up for the stew pot.

The beaver like critters are Coypu.

Last edited:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I'm going to go for an immature water deer. Hydropotes something. Uniform dark brown or reddish body and lighter colored neck. Common in river areas. Nuisance animal where predators have been hunted out. That one has been fattened up for the stew pot.
Naw, seeing it on the computer I'm definitely sticking with muntjac. I see antlers in front of the ears, and I think the head shape matches more closely.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Naw, seeing it on the computer I'm definitely sticking with muntjac.
Yups. I think you're right. Ears way back and low on the head. And what they called a Barking Deer in the local animal torture facility (zoo) was definitely not that genus. So the skull with horns is of a muntjac in the restaurant I usually have brekky at.
At least those weren't endangered animals. A couple of pretty large ranches raise them and coypu up near the triangle.

Last edited: