What an exciting few days! (pics)

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i thought it was bad to handle freshly molted Ts? i could be completely wrong on this and please take no offense. could someone offer more information on this? am i just wrong in this instance?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
forgive my paranoia which obviously reacted first...

now, let's try this again:

both are GORGEOUS little Ts and that first one is almost unbearably cute. =D

be sure to post pics of when your second one molts, i can't wait to see them!

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by Inktomi
A couple days ago my L. parahybana molts to 6", which I've already posted on.
Last night I go to check out my P. murinus sling, Thing...and she comes out all rubbery from a completed molt. Still can't figure out why she was out and about already, but she's doing great today...

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/hein_family/Thing 2.JPG

So I just get back from the store today and find my little 1" A. geniculata like this!

http://www.angelfire.com/bug/hein_family/6-21 Molt.JPG
Weird! I went to the very first link and all I saw was part of someone's left hand, wearing a few rings. I tried to scroll as much as possible, but I couldn't get any more than just the hand.

Wysi, the confused....?!?!?

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i can see the T...he is on the fingers...odd u can't see it..

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
i thought it was bad to handle freshly molted Ts? i could be completely wrong on this and please take no offense. could someone offer more information on this? am i just wrong in this instance?
Don't be sorry... that is a GREAT question as I too, would NEVER think to handle, let alone disturb a little one so soon after a molt.

Veterans?:?

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by AllenG
i can see the T...he is on the fingers...odd u can't see it..

I may just need to open my explorer the next time I try. AOL's browsers aren't usually as "advanced" as the other browsers available. :)

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Okay let me clear this up. The little one is in a vial that is all webbed up...I opened it to check on the little bugger and it crawled out of the top. I let it crawl onto my fingers rather than try to get it back into the little vial, seeing it had just molted. I've never seen one cruising around after a molt, but I didn't want to hurt it trying to make it crawl back in. Don't know what else I could have done to keep it safest...

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Well... I wasn't sure. God forbid someone should tell me it's o.k. I'd be ALL OVER them! Like AllenG said, the little ones are so cute and fuzzy and cuddly......=D