Question What actually happens when I "ignore" a member?

Dovey

Arachnobaron
If I elect to "ignore" a member, how does that actually affect how I experience the website? Clearly, I would not see any alerts regarding this person's actions, but would I still see their media, threads they originate, and their comments to other members? How about other members' comments to them?

Thanks so much for taking the time to educate me on this.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I've never put no one in my life in a 'ignore' list so I don't know. Anyway, for the pleasure of 'science', I've ignored you (temporarily) for the experiment, and here what happened :)

1) From the main page, in this section appendix, your username wasn't mentioned, instead, this:

2018-09-28_220136.png

As you can see there's written 'Ignored Member'.

Clicking on the thread, this:

2018-09-28_220200.png

The username, avatar, status and whatnot was however present, not the content.

I don't have a clue about the media/pics gallery because I didn't checked, honestly (I'm lazy and I love being lazy).

I suppose the above happens as well when an 'ignored' (by someone) member comments in threads with others.

AngelDeVille

Fuk Da Meme Police
Assuming you can read my response...

Ongoing threads will say "Show Ignored Content" at the bottom of the page near where you would click to reply to a thread.

Other than my time being more pleasant I haven't noticed any difference.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
So the ignored person doesn't in any sense cease to be or disappear from radar...you know they are talking but you just can't see what they are saying. It's like an adult talking in a Peanuts comic strip: "Wah wah, wah wah wah wah." :p

I wonder what happens to media and media commentary?

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
So the ignored person doesn't in any sense cease to be or disappear from radar...you know they are talking but you just can't see what they are saying. It's like an adult talking in a Peanuts comic strip: "Wah wah, wah wah wah wah." :p

I wonder what happens to media and media commentary?
For me it's annoying to not know what has been said (or when). I even thought someone else was the OP in a thread when I first tried ignoring!) And if they say something not-so-great and someone quotes it you can't rate the quoter's post knowing the full content (or that there is even a quote!)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Ignore = head in sand. La la la la la, I can't hear you. I can't see you!
Much simpler: find the little box at the top right of the screen with the x in it. Click on it.