What a species?

LukaszWarsaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, Im sorry for my english.

I have a question, what a scorpion species is it?

Animalia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well i think its a Hadogenes but im not for sure what exact species. Hope that help you search some.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a Hadogenes paucidens. There are a couple of pictures of one in my images section.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just out of curiousity, how can one tell the difference between troglodytes and paucidens? The main reason I ask is because my LPS has a "flat rock scorpion" and I know it is of the genus Hadogenes but not sure the exact species. I really hate when they use common names.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I thought "Flat Rock" species are generally hard to ID.
There are many species in the Euscorpiidae family and from pictures they all look the same to me.

I too would like some clarification or guidance on how to tell the differences between theses species.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just out of curiousity, how can one tell the difference between troglodytes and paucidens? The main reason I ask is because my LPS has a "flat rock scorpion" and I know it is of the genus Hadogenes but not sure the exact species. I really hate when they use common names.
H. paucidens has the yellow stripes, while H. troglodytes is a solid brown or grey.

I thought "Flat Rock" species are generally hard to ID.
There are many species in the Euscorpiidae family and from pictures they all look the same to me.

I too would like some clarification or guidance on how to tell the differences between theses species.
I wish I could help you with that, but I'll let someone with more experience chime in. Most of them look the same to me too.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hadogenes = Family Hemiscorpiidae

Oops, Bam, wrong family ;) Forget the Euscorpiidae.......now it should be lot less difficult. It would take me too much time to explain what you guys are asking for, but again, a lot can be found on the net.

For the difference between H.troglodytes and H.paucidens, listen to Obelisk ;) The differences are obvious, the former species lacks the yellowish greenish coloration and the stripes on the tergites.

cheers, Michiel