What’s Your Favorite Haplo/Cyriopagopus sp.?

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
She's around 4-5 inch dls. She's most likely wild caught, but considering they are one of the species commonly eaten (by people) in s.e. Asia, she's probably one of the lucky ones.
Nah, a lucky one would be chilling in a burrow somewhere in Thailand, munching down on an earthworm, minding its own business :p

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Nah, a lucky one would be chilling in a burrow somewhere in Thailand, munching down on an earthworm, minding its own business :p
I hear ya, but considering mine was one of the ones already caught I think she got the better of the two options. It's not like she would have been released if no one bought her.

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
H. hainanum / C. hainanus. Just an impressive T, mine's 6" ish currently but I have high hopes given her appetite. Can't take a pic right now because she's just finishing off a hisser roach she started on last night just inside the entrance of her burrow. But while usually shutting up shop during the day, she invariably comes out at night for a wander and I can't imagine it's with prey expectation every time. A real hitwoman when it comes to taking down substantial prey though.

hunterc

Arachnopeon
Thats a tough one....have to go with C. albostriatus...love the pattern on the abdomen

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Some pics of my recently acquired C. minax (possibly a C. andersoni “DCF”, I really don’t know)....

C. minax (Thailand Black):
1581294005236.jpeg

1581294057389.jpeg

1581294091226.jpeg

Ghat99

Arachnopeon
I currently have C. doriae, hainanum/hainanus, longipes, schmidti DCF, vonwirthi and 2 minax, one sold as minax and the other sold as minax "big black Thailand black" so I'm quite confused there😂 but the gem has to be doriae, what an amazing t that is😍

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
I'm waiting on my hainanum to emerge from what I suspect was a molt as she's gone to ground for over two weeks and burrow entrance was webbed over. She should be rubbing 7" if she has molted. Have always been my favorite Cyrio.

Ghat99

Arachnopeon
I'm waiting on my hainanum to emerge from what I suspect was a molt as she's gone to ground for over two weeks and burrow entrance was webbed over. She should be rubbing 7" if she has molted. Have always been my favorite Cyrio.
Wow that's some serious size, my hainanum is probably half that at the moment, I do love this species

Attachments

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Whelp, it turns out that “C. minax” on my previous post is really a C. andersoni “Black Morph”. No biggie, cause I was able to get a C. minax in March (The REAL C. Minax this time, haha). I also acquired a C. vonwirthi a few weeks ago, and as soon as she molts, I’ll make a comparison thread, as they’re actually rather easy to distinguish (That is if you know what to look for). Hopefully that’ll put an end to the confusion, and people won’t have to go through the long search that I did.

Cyriopagopus Minax (Thailand Black Tarantula):
8AF34248-B117-4E65-9F19-B2F87ADA20ED.jpeg

66011739-7B57-4551-BFB0-E862789F49D5.jpeg

605C100E-CDD6-4EDD-AB7F-75B145ABB2A1.jpeg

Last edited:

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I currently have C. doriae, hainanum/hainanus, longipes, schmidti DCF, vonwirthi and 2 minax, one sold as minax and the other sold as minax "big black Thailand black" so I'm quite confused there😂 but the gem has to be doriae, what an amazing t that is😍
You got any pictures of your C. doriae? I want one soooo bad, but I’m not allowed to buy any more Ts, because my parents don’t want to take care of a zoo when I’m off to college :rofl:

@EDED once told me that the T sold as C. sp. “Big Black” is actually a color form of C. vonwirthi, but with his passing I wasn’t able to obtain any more information....

R.I.P. Brian :(

Ghat99

Arachnopeon
You got any pictures of your C. doriae? I want one soooo bad, but I’m not allowed to buy any more Ts, because my parents don’t want to take care of a zoo when I’m off to college :rofl:

@EDED once told me that the T sold as C. sp. “Big Black” is actually a color form of C. vonwirthi, but with his passing I wasn’t able to obtain any more information....

R.I.P. Brian :(
I wish😩 It's only a very camera-shy sling for now but I'll keep trying as she(🤞) grows.

And I would love that comparison thread as I have one sold to me as C. minax "big black Thailand black" as well as one just called C. minax, they were from the same website as well so I'm clueless as to what they'll end up being😂

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Please tell me you had the foresight to look into a college that allows for travelling zoos, please, please, please...
;)

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I wish😩 It's only a very camera-shy sling for now but I'll keep trying as she(🤞) grows.

And I would love that comparison thread as I have one sold to me as C. minax "big black Thailand black" as well as one just called C. minax, they were from the same website as well so I'm clueless as to what they'll end up being😂
Okay I’ll give ya a little spoiler: C. minax has stripes on the patella, but they aren’t visible unless you look really close. C. vonwirthi on the other hand, has stripes on the patella that are MUCH easier to see. My C. vonwirthi has hairless patches on her patella, making the stripes harder to see, hence why I need her to molt before I make my thread.

The second difference is on the abdomen. The C. vonwirthi has a lighter base color to its abdomen. My Female’s abdomen almost looks Golden Brown. The abdomen of C. minax has a darker base color, and this makes the abdominal stripes appear to fade under the right lighting. Here’s some pictures, to see what I’m talking about....

C. vonwirthi Abdomen:
D1D37303-BF44-4883-BB15-057D12BFEAB9.jpeg

3BC7F663-099C-4F2F-B4D3-363347E9C2BD.jpeg

C. minax Abdomen:
318FDA29-EB31-4193-8D2D-85E3E3FE572F.jpeg

AB528811-2C5C-4E4E-936A-260833158EB9.jpeg