What’s the growth rate for a Poecilotheria Metallica & a pink toe?

Spaceman

Arachnoknight
Hey

so I have a pink toe tarantula that I purchased from petsmart(I know it’s a bad choice to purchase from but I love this species and it was my 2nd T) about 2 years and I only witnessed 2 molts in my care, and was wondering how fast they grow alongside my 1 inch Poecilotheria Metallica sling ?

thanks

Taysha

Arachnosquire
How large is the pink toe, and also do you know what type of pink toe it is?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
There's no set schedule anyone can tell you, because there are multiple factors at play that affect molting/growth - how much they're fed, what temps they're being kept at, and individual variation in growth between specimens.

In general, Poecilotheria tend towards faster growth rates - males can go from a sling to mature in under two years. Avics are what I'd consider to be more in the moderate range of growth rates; not particularly slow, but at the same size/instar I'd expect your metallica to outpace your Avic.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey

so I have a pink toe tarantula that I purchased from petsmart(I know it’s a bad choice to purchase from but I love this species and it was my 2nd T) about 2 years and I only witnessed 2 molts in my care, and was wondering how fast they grow alongside my 1 inch Poecilotheria Metallica sling ?

thanks
Can't tell you, depends on many variables.