What’s The Differences Between Mexican Tarantula

Sarah C

Arachnopeon
I am putting this up in hopes someone couldn’t actually answer this question, I have kept tarantula’s for the last 3-4 years. I wanted to know what the differences were between the Brachypelma Auratum, the Brachypelma Boehmi and Brachypelma Emilia and the Brachypelma Smiti. Hopefully someone can tell me id love to know. To me they all look the same but I am sure there are small differences.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Non of them look the same. They have same characteristics, but put a lineup and I could name each one easily. Someone correct me if I’m using this word in wrong context, but I believe each has been identified as different species due to taxonomy.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I am putting this up in hopes someone couldn’t actually answer this question, I have kept tarantula’s for the last 3-4 years. I wanted to know what the differences were between the Brachypelma Auratum, the Brachypelma Boehmi and Brachypelma Emilia and the Brachypelma Smiti. Hopefully someone can tell me id love to know. To me they all look the same but I am sure there are small differences.
I'm not really sure what you're asking here but maybe you just should have a closer look. They simply don't look the same. ;)
And there're of course genetic differences and they're also native to different areas.

Here's an interesting thread that should answer all your questions: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/brachypelma-tarantulas-of-mexico-part-1.319468/

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I'm not really sure what you're asking here but maybe you just should have a closer look. They simply don't look the same. ;)
And there're of course genetic differences and they're also native to different areas.

Here's an interesting thread that should answer all your questions: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/brachypelma-tarantulas-of-mexico-part-1.319468/
Although this is a great thread, it was posted before the new revision.

Here's the link to the article:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I get the impression you haven't looked very carefully at reliable pictures? They have very obvious differences in markings, start with that. If you don't notice the difference you are either blind, or maybe color-blind.;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@Poonjab
You are 100% correct, NONE of them look like each other. I'm sure if all one notices is black and red/orange well then yeah, they are all the "same" :rolleyes: