West Texas Mammals

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Saw some cool stuff today. No bugs though, still too cold.

Javalina. There was a coyote not 20' from the "pig" when we pulled up, but we scared him off.

Mule Deer

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Great to see signs of life down there Sky !, as we are getting the biggest snow storm of the year dumped on us tonight. :wall:

Later, Tom

redhourglass

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm going to presume the pics were from the Midland/Odessa area. For those that haven't experienced javalinas in the wild during late nights, their vocals may scare the pants off you LOL, literally !

Any new scorp hunters with their blacklights should take note ... {D

Add in note for viewers: Most of Texas land is private so beware of trespassing issues.

Sinc. Chad

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm going to presume the pics were from the Midland/Odessa area. For those that haven't experienced javalinas in the wild during late nights, their vocals may scare the pants off you LOL, literally !

Any new scorp hunters with their blacklights should take note ... {D

Add in note for viewers: Most of Texas land is private so beware of trespassing issues.

Sinc. Chad

Yep, Midland/Odessa area is correct. I was on private land, but I have permanent permission from the land owner to use it. (She's my mom. ;))

Javalinas can be very mean if disturbed, or threatened. My mom actually got treed by one once. They have razor sharp tusks that can do some serious damage. I was hanging out the window of the car taking those pics. I wasnt about to go after the thing on foot.

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I brake for Javalina. :D

Oh I miss Texas so bad! I was just flipping through my photos wishing I could go back sooner!

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I brake for Javalina. :D

Oh I miss Texas so bad! I was just flipping through my photos wishing I could go back sooner!

Haha, I thought of yall as soon as I saw it! We need to make a "I brake for Javalina" t-shirt for the T.I.T.T.I.E.S. gang.

Keep your calendar clear for 2010. Gonna have a big T.I.T.T.I.E.S. blow out!

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Saw some more muleys today. They were really close to the road, and werent running from the car. That is, until I tried to roll down the window to take pics. The window squeaked and they took off. Still turned out pretty cool though.