User wesker12's Photo Thread

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys! I have decided on a photo thread to both capture the growth of my individual tarantulas and my collection as a whole! Now I am a amateur photographer using a phone camera so don't be too harsh please :eek:

I can only hope to one day be as good of a photographer as some of you guys with the most exquisite collections :giggle:

Anyways they might be a bit out of order but I hope you guys can enjoy them as much as I do, thank you!

LP - stalking a Blaberus sp. adult male - they're so cute when they hunt!

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:28 PM ----------

So hard to get a shot of her! She is always out but runs back inside so fast!

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

It feels so good knowing you have a girl! (although a love guys as well...sometimes!)

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:32 PM ----------

The freshly molted girl! I love that color!

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:34 PM ----------

The little fattie needs a molt! (lighting might be weird - flashlight in teeth)

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:36 PM ----------

I traded this super docile girl away (local trade) but at least I got something awesome in return!

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:37 PM ----------

A friend of mine who lives in LA managed to get me this little beauty! I know she's hot ;) especially to those Canadians!

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 09:39 PM ----------

The camera was almost touching his face and he did not back down at all! They are pretty upfront, not shy at all. I like it.

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

For grayzone! - Not many tarantulas at this size would still web and stay out in the open with a 800 lumen flashlight shone on them! (Look at the spinnerets move!), sold to me as a chinese fawn - I however believe its a C.huahini and not a C.guangxiensis

---------- Post added 05-09-2012 at 10:56 PM ----------

(I believe this is a fimbriatus - sold to me as "choco burmese tarantula"), I can't get a solid picture of it cause its in a burrow right alongside the plastic (makes visibility awesome but picture taking not so fun) but I'm trying and you know its a webber!

Last edited:

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thats C. dyscolus.. but thanks for a reference.. i posted pics of the fimbri im gettin in the other thread... Nice ts btw wesker..lovin the Lp "up close and personal" style

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is why I hate getting things with common names but hey its good lookin so I'm not complaining!

Thanks dude! I have one of those style photos with my A.metallica - ill post it soon but it squirted poop on my camera!

Drakk

Arachnosquire
Love the kids bro that lp looks good!
Soon enough all things dont go down the drain u will have some little blue guys from me to add to that pile of nice pics as well as your long promised Damons lol.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome! I love that LP dude - its so clean! Doesn't even kick hairs :)

Start a photothread! You have some amazing photos ;)

Aww dude don't even worry in like a month you'll have so many versis you won't know what to do!

Just got 4 of these!

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 12:34 AM ----------

That thing can be fast!

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 12:37 AM ----------

I owe you joseph - your chacos are awesome!

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 12:38 AM ----------

Should molt anyday...

My first tarantula!

And her little friend

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

Probably my coolest looking sling, I mean look at it....

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 12:45 AM ----------

My favorite avic adult - she's a "frosted blueberry" (love that term brett, so glad you convinced me get one!)

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice T! You wouldn't want to handle my P. cambridgei though...she's mean.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have an awesome collection, glad you're showing it to us! If it's a dyscolus, take heart cuz it's an awesome T. Plus, it gives you a reason to have to get another T in the fimbriatus. Which you're going to want because they're gorgeous and amazing feeders. Good stuff and keep 'em coming!

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice pamphobeteus you got there!!
Thank you! I have some good shots of her on her back, and freshly molted all milky and gorgeous.
Is the color change supposed to be so different she literally went from being rustic brown to pulchra black!

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 09:25 AM ----------

Nice T! You wouldn't want to handle my P. cambridgei though...she's mean.
Totally feel you, I too have a cambredgi that would happily take off my finger! You have some amazing T's as well storm!

matt82

Arachnoknight
Excellent collection there Wesker, best of luck with all!
Cool little irminia, all the best with them. Those are up there with versicolors for the "cool sling that looks nothing like the Adult" factor!

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You have an awesome collection, glad you're showing it to us! If it's a dyscolus, take heart cuz it's an awesome T. Plus, it gives you a reason to have to get another T in the fimbriatus. Which you're going to want because they're gorgeous and amazing feeders. Good stuff and keep 'em coming!
Thank you! I hope to one day have as good of a collection as you! Your photo thread was one of the reasons I created one! Not to mention your advice for the img code is the only reason for all these photos homie. I have a thing for black T's so I wouldn't mind it being a dyscolus! Although I'm going to HAVE to pick up a fimbriatus- I mean its from my homeland ;)
I'm almost out photos - guess its time to buy some more T's lol.

---------- Post added 05-10-2012 at 09:37 AM ----------

Excellent collection there Wesker, best of luck with all!
Cool little irminia, all the best with them. Those are up there with versicolors for the "cool sling that looks nothing like the Adult" factor!
Thank you matt! you have some awesome photos and tarantulas and were another factor in starting this thread! I know! I love that panther black they have! These are actually going to be the most pampered irminia - when I first got my versi she came within doa irminias (supposed to be my first tarantula) so I can't wait till they get bigger!

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some of my newest aquisitions!

Got 2 of these beauties, for something so common they are quite beautiful.
A.avic 1

A.avic 2

Traded away my lp for this gorgeous girl (freshly molted)!

And this little demon (male P.ornata)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's a beautiful B. smithi - quite the deal there if you traded an LP for it...have to say!

matt82

Arachnoknight
Had to come back for a look at that P. metallica again. Beautiful spider and on the want list.

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 05:22 PM ----------

Sorry, I meant A. metallica ;)

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a beautiful B. smithi - quite the deal there if you traded an LP for it...have to say!

Hahah yeah pretty sure the smithi is a male but I got the ornata male with it!
(and the avics)

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 02:52 PM ----------

Had to come back for a look at that P. metallica again. Beautiful spider and on the want list.

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 05:22 PM ----------

Sorry, I meant A. metallica ;)
I wish! I love pokies!
You won't be disappointed, metallicas are awesome! Super good feeders too! she took a b.fusca adult like it was nothing (large meal so she doesn't eat the male I want to breed her with!)

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 03:02 PM ----------

Traded my cambrdigi female and chilobrachy sp for this! (girlfriend for my ornata once he matures)

---------- Post added 05-19-2012 at 03:05 PM ----------

A.avic molted!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful, juuust starting to get her big girl colors

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
youre gonna have to delete a few photos bro.. you got 11 new ts coming as we speak.. Plus more in the future. You can start with that ornata pair:biggrin:

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful, juuust starting to get her big girl colors
I know! I am so happy, I remember her when she was a little .5 2nd instar sling and now she's a teenager already, they grow so fast!
There was a time I was worried she would fit out of the vent holes and now she's too big for the whole enclosure!
---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

youre gonna have to delete a few photos bro.. you got 11 new ts coming as we speak.. Plus more in the future. You can start with that ornata pair:biggrin:
Hahahahahha!
I guess your right ;)
Looking forward to documenting all my new tarantulas!
Can't wait for the unpacking!

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are my newest additions!

1.5 inch N.chromatus

2+ inch C.fimbriatus - did all this in hours...

Jerm357's stud of a mm A.metallica - banged my girl like nothing and then chomped on a adult dubia!

Freshly molted GBB - got its adult colors!

freshly molted versi sling!

1/5 B.albo slings I have now :)