We're Back! :]

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Hello Arachnoboard Fraands,

Sorry about being away from the boards, we have been extremely busy here in IL visiting with friends and family for the past few weeks. Although, we have MANY new little spidiies to share with everyone that we've stumbled across in those past few weeks. :D

First of all, we'll start off with the bad news.. the egg sac belonging to our unidentified Dolomedes was NOT fertile and she neglected it once she realized this; it was removed and she is doing just fine, no worries! :p

Second, after losing the egg sac, we ended up finding SIX slings belonging to the genus Dolomedes although their species have not been given an ID, we believe from the naked eye some of the specimens resemble the D. albineus and the D. tenebrosus but this is not a 100%, of course, due to their small size.

Third, we also found two Wolfiie slings; the first resembles a specimen from the genus Paradosa while the second specimen resembles the genus Hogna. Once again, due to their small size, no definite ID's on either specimen beyond being Wolfiies.

Forth, the last specimen found in FL is also a sling although we are unsure of it's ID at the moment. We'll need extra help with this specimen, LOL! :p

Lastly, while in the state of IL, we happened to find a little Jumping spidiie down in a family member's basement. From BugGuide.net, the adult specimen looks to be Phidippus audax (Bold Jumper) but we're not 100% on that ID considering we're not familiar with Jumper spidiies. :?

Pictures are in the process of uploading and will be posted as soon as possible! I'll try to have them up on the boards by tonight, ANY help would be MUCH appreciated.. THANKS fraands! :]

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Pictures! :]

The first pictures are of the Dolomedes slings;

Specimen #1

- We'll have to get another photo since for some reason, photobucket removed this one along with the photo of Specimen #2.

Specimen #2

Specimen #3

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/kelseyjane10/Spiders and Such/NewSpidiiesDecember20103.jpg

Specimen #4

-Note: These pictures are only 4/6 Fishing spidiie slings, some of the specimens are much too small to capture on our camera, LOL! Sorry!

The next set of pictures are of the Wolfiie slings;

Specimen #1

Specimen #2
(We think this spidiie looks like "Gloria" and "Lady"; our other unidentified Wolfiies)

Specimen #3

The last three pictures are of the Jumping Spidiie;

P.S. We were unable to get pictures of the other unidentified sling, we'll keep trying and post pictures as soon as possible! :)

BTW, Silberrücken, one of these beautiful Dolomedes slings is most def. YOURS.. as soon as we return to Florida next week, we would love to meet up and give you your new Fishing spidiie! :] and of course, NO charge or trades.. it is without a doubt, well deserved :D Your a GREAT spidiie owner and have been extremely helpful to us in many difficult situations, and we just wanted to say THANKS! :razz: We'll be in touch soon!

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Beautiful pictures! I think the Jumping spider you have is a young Phiddipus audax.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I AM SOOOOOOOOO EAGERLY AWAITING YOUR ARRIVAL BACK TO FLORIDA

**hurries off to 'build' an enclosure for a beautiful Dolomedes**

**starts shopping list**

Oh, and yes, that is a juvenile Phidie audax, another lovely Jumper! :D

davisfam, we have MUCH to catch up on, you have NO idea! Talk to you soon! S. and ty sooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revilo

Arachnoknight
welcome back {D

i'm excited what the slings are looking like when they are big :}

bye, oli

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Thaanks fraands! :]

We're back in the state of Florida now, can't wait to hear about what's been going on lately.

As far as spidiies, just PM us.. please and thank youu! :)