Went to the pet store update

The Amazing Me

Arachnopeon
So I live in northwest indiana and the only store that sells tarantulas is pet haven and they don't sell green bottle blues. Of course I could wait for a reptile show? I don't want to use online stores because I don't trust them. Is pet haven good? It's in Valpo, IN
It's either pink toe or Chilean rose or a red knee

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
Just order online. I'm sure with 10 minutes of research you can find a reputable organization.

The Amazing Me

Arachnopeon
Just order online. I'm sure with 10 minutes of research you can find a reputable organization.
Are you sure they're reliable. I want to do that but I'm scared about those horror stories. I taught about backwater they had affordable GBBS but they have soo many horror stories

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I'm from Randolph county, however I have never been out that way so I can't say. Honestly you will find better deals online at reputable tarantula dealers like netbug, fear not or swifts. At most pet stores you'll likely find tarantulas clinging to life.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
There are loads of good sellers/breeders online with plenty livestock to choose from.

.. however I have heard some bad things about BWR. Though I dont know them personally.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't want to use online stores because I don't trust them
There is nothing wrong with ordering from on-line that is how MOST of us get our Ts.

It's either pink toe
Do not get one as your first T, it will likely die.

This is the WORST company to order from, you might as well BURN your money!

They are so bad, we call them Slackwater!

Order from:

Swifts Inverts
Arachnoiden
Netbug
Jamie's Tarantulas

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
It's a shame Skip is not active here anymore (that I've seen anyway) he was a good seller right here on the forums. I bought my first tarantula from him back in 2014. I would have recommended him in an instant

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The amount of bad advice given on this forum from individuals who have no clue just amazes me.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I got my, at the time unsexed juvie GBB and a B. Sabulosum at $60 from the local LPS (GBB was $50 and got the B. Sabulosum for the extra $10) looking at that listing. I would rather buy from a clueless Craigslist poster then I would backwater reptile.