went tidepooling yesterday and the day before

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WOW.. some fantastic little critters!

What place in Santa Cruz is this? I might stop by there sometime!

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
AWESOME!
I love the octopus its so cute, and thats quite the variety of critters

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that's my baby, she goes almost everywhere with me:D

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the orange one at the top i'm not sure on the species but the others are monkeyfaced pricklebacks which i have caught up to 3 feet long(not with my hands though)

arachnochicken

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The very top one looks more like a Goby than an eel judging by the mouth and the line going though the eye . Better be careful with the stonefish too , the spine on their backs are extremely venomous , they are some of the most venomous fish in the ocean .

PoPpiLLs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
skippy what kind of dog is she, she is so cute and reminds of my boy chico he is my baby and is very protective of me .

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well arachnochicken, if they had been stonefish i wouldn't have tried to catch them with my hands:D fortunately for me, they are only sculpins and pretty much harmless:} i'm fairly well versed on our local fish and we don't have anything more venomous than the occasional scorpion fish (i've been fishing the bay here for the last 10 year for a living) so don't worry;

poppills, she is an australian cattle dog and is 2 years old this month:D

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Skippy, thanks for the field trip..me and my boys enjoyed it alot. It was funny to see that octupi bite you lol

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
absolutely stunning photos. Judging by the diversity of species represented in your photos, I'd say that area has a pretty healthy marine ecosystem.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome pics...looks like a cool trip.

with that octopus
how did it feel to get bit?
i used to keep a octopus as a pet years ago...that thing was so smart that it scared me.......lucky the one i had wasn't the one to bite you

thanks again

moose

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
it really hurt a lot more than you would think moose. or at least more than i would have thought!:D

BTW, it's still swollen... after 5 days:rolleyes: i don't think i'll do that again:}

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, good thing that was no blue-ring octopus. :eek::D

I love these pics and I agree..not ENOUGH! ;P I used to do this too here in California but I've never seen some of those critters, so that's very cool. I like the gobies and the stonefish look-alike. Hope you post more later in this thread!