Went for crickets today.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
So I went to the local reptile show today intent on buying ONLY crickets. This NEVER works for me.
After getting the crickets, I had time, began wandering the booths looking around. Ran into a beginner T keeper that I met at last months show and began talking about the species he was looking to purchase. His first is an A.avic and from the photo was housed near perfectly and stated a great eater also. He was looking for an A. versicolor or a GBB at a vendor's table, I spotted a C. paganus sling in a deli cup. I already have a large juvenile paganus, but couldn't resist this little cutie. Then a foot away was an adult female H. arizonensis that HAD to be purchased also.
To end the post, I'LL NEVER LEARN TO RESIST BUYING MORE. Lol!
Photos below.

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
@Red Eunice Can you take some more images of that H. arizonensis? For some reason the coloration looks a bit "off" although it might be just the lighting.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
@Red Eunice Can you take some more images of that H. arizonensis? For some reason the coloration looks a bit "off" although it might be just the lighting.

Container fell on its side covering her with the loose substrate. Thats probably why she looks odd colored in the photo. Right now she is a "dirty" girl and pretty upset about it too.
When I rehouse her, maybe, I'll try brushing a bit of it off.
Good eye though! ;)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yes but the carapace itself seems a bit differently colored. The dirt on the chela is reasonably straight forward but the top part is what caught my eye.

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Run into the same issue also when I am let loose on a show. To make matters worse my wife has an even bigger addiction to T's. So I have to keep an eye on her also :peeking:;) The power is too great to resist buying a new T.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"If by 'crickets' you mean this T and this scorpion, then yes... yes, I got just what I came for" :p Congrats! I had to Google the T.. I have been out of the loop a few years and all these reclassified spiders have me doing a lot of reserch!