Well what an interesting night.

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
About a year ago I got a P.Cambridgei, P.Irimina, C.Portoricae, and a C.Marshalli. Well the C.Marshalli escaped at around a 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Well last night I decided to check an old roach bin for no reason, looked in it a hundred times while it was still being used, well almost a year later I FINALLY find the little bugger! S/he is around 1.5"-2" and still lively as ever even after the freezing winter and extremely hot summer! As sooon as I opened the top s/he ran off into a corner, talk about completely unexpected! Also my S.cal molted and looks female, and my female C.crawshayi molted again and is finally around the 3.5"-4" mark. Overall a good night.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great news!

That reminds me. I lost a H. maculata spiderling a year and a half ago when I had an eggsac.. Actually, I think it may have been two that escaped, but one I know for sure escaped. The chances of a tarantula that small living are slim, considering all the vacuuming and cleaning and moving funiture going on around it, especially at such a fragile age (2nd instar)... but to this day I catch myself wondering if it is somewhere hidden, waiting for me to stumble across it.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great news!

That reminds me. I lost a H. maculata spiderling a year and a half ago when I had an eggsac.. Actually, I think it may have been two that escaped, but one I know for sure escaped. The chances of a tarantula that small living are slim, considering all the vacuuming and cleaning and moving funiture going on around it, especially at such a fragile age (2nd instar)... but to this day I catch myself wondering if it is somewhere hidden, waiting for me to stumble across it.
I lost a H.maculata spiderling and found it 14 months later. By then it was easy to see she was a 4" female. Never give up hope.

Congrats on finding your T.
Di

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow!

^ Yep , it is! :clap: Leaves me refreshed with a little hope for my pulchra girl.........:confused:

Terry

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My girlfriend has told me that in no uncertain terms if one escapes, she is not sleeping here till its found.

thebugfreak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that reminds me of my story when i was in 2nd grade long time ago, i lost my pet aligator lizard. in 5th grade, my mom found it in the kitchen while she was making some dinner. it was skinny and needed some fattening, but it was still alive and i was able to bring it back to a healthy weight.

Zman181

Arachnoknight
:) Incredible! That's awesome. Did you catch it and put in an enclosure? or is he/she still loose living near the roach bin?

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah the little one is set-up in a cube right now, eating and drinking just fine. I will get pics as soon as I can, the computer I use is not mine, mine decided to die a month after I got it. But I am hoping to get pics real soon.