Well this sucks...

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm just having a really bad time this week. First my supposedly female A. avicularia molts into a mature male. Then I pretty much lose contact with the person I was doing a trade with (never presented me with an exact time and location to meet) so it never happened. (the poor communication with them is really starting to irritate me). Now, I just got home from work to find my only surviving P. irminia sling dead. :( I got two a couple of weeks ago as freebies, the first one died with in a week, this one hung on for awhile but he never looked great and now he's gone. I wanted a P. irminia for so long, and now I've lost both of them.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry you're having tough times. Never fun losing tarantulas. :(

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm so sorry to hear that, Ariel. Hopefully, you'll be more lucky next time.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks guys, it does suck, but it's a part of the hobby and I know that. Hopefully I'll have better luck with my next P. irminias when I can get my hands on some more.

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Holy Cow bad week then pal sorry to hear this, if its any consolation I have had two molt out male this week that were sold as females its annoying but it happens. Buy some more T's to ease you pain that's what I usually do.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ariel, Hugs for ya. Sorry to hear. I lost my only sling of this interesting species to a tiny cricket!:(

Terry

opticle

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
makes you feel like sh!t i know but trust me it'll get better :D

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Opticle, Using ! to censor your own cursing isn't allowed either. Read the rules.

Sorry for your problems, OP.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know your pain about the moults. I had 3 Pre-adult Pokies, P. ornata, P. regalis, P. pederseni. 2 were from one dealer, 1 was from a completely different dealer. All in 1 week, they all matured Male. Thankfully I could breed the pederseni and I traded the other 2 off to breed. I was REALLY disappointed that my Ornata was male. I was hoping against all odds that was a female. There was 2 there, I really hope the second wasnt a female:(

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks y'all. :eek:

Hentzi, It does happen, and I know that. It wouldn't be so bad if the people I bought him from didn't have such crappy communication and costomer service. I was already working out a trade with them when this happened and they said they'd get me a new female, then they never sent me a time and place to meet them the day were were suppose to meet. (I think I got 1 email between a 3-4 day period after I send them 3) and I still haven't heard anything from them, it's getting to the point where it's not even worth it.

Haha, yeah, I'm already working on getting some new Ts. can't wait till I get them.

Blayde, I'm sorry they all turned out male. :( That does suck, my only pokie, my P. regalis is male, though he hasn't matured yet. With the one that matured the other day, it was especially a bummer since it was sold to me as female, and I'd really been looking forward to owning a female of the species.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sold as female or wrongfully ID? Any idea what went wrong with the P. irminia? P. irminia's are so awesome, too. :S

edit: Damn, did you ask for a picture to ID yourself or from others?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Still havent heard anything from them?! That really sucks! Hope all that works out in the end..
Sorry yo hear about the irminia.. :(
I have a MM irminia heading to me now & my girl just molted today..
So after I get her ready to pair with the MM & if/when I get an egg sac.. I will send you a couple babies.. :)

Also.. On to the P. regalis.. :cool: Once your male matures... If my girl is ready.. :D You know where this is going.. ;)

That is if your interested in a 50/50..

My girl is 5" in the regular pokie stance... I believe she is in premolt now..

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sold as female or wrongfully ID? Any idea what went wrong with the P. irminia? P. irminia's are so awesome, too. :S

edit: Damn, did you ask for a picture to ID yourself or from others?
It wasn't wrongfully ID. It wrongfully sexed. It was sold to me as a female and molted in to a mature male. It's not as if it's a rare speices or anything, just an A. avic, I'd just been trying to get a female since I got into the hobby, bought one from a pet store not realizing it was already a MM. I thought I finally had it with this one but....

Still havent heard anything from them?! That really sucks! Hope all that works out in the end..
Sorry yo hear about the irminia.. :(
I have a MM irminia heading to me now & my girl just molted today..
So after I get her ready to pair with the MM & if/when I get an egg sac.. I will send you a couple babies.. :)

Also.. On to the P. regalis.. :cool: Once your male matures... If my girl is ready.. :D You know where this is going.. ;)

That is if your interested in a 50/50..

My girl is 5" in the regular pokie stance... I believe she is in premolt now..
No, I haven't heard anything from them. I'm pretty much giving up, I've been so stressed out because of their terrible communication, it's just not worth it anymore.

Aw, thanks Tommy. :) Good luck with breeding her, they really are an awesome species.

Do you think she'll be at breeding size? I suddenly can't remember what size these guys max out at. hah. My boy is 5" so probably penultimate. His last molt was 6/3 so I expect he'll molt either next month or the month after that.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No, I haven't heard anything from them. I'm pretty much giving up, I've been so stressed out because of their terrible communication, it's just not worth it anymore.

Aw, thanks Tommy. :) Good luck with breeding her, they really are an awesome species.

Do you think she'll be at breeding size? I suddenly can't remember what size these guys max out at. hah. My boy is 5" so probably penultimate. His last molt was 6/3 so I expect he'll molt either next month or the month after that.
I have heard they max out at 6-7".. My girl has been growing .75"-1" with each molt.. I am hoping to see the same thing with this molt.. If so.. Then she should be ready to breed.. She has been showing premolt signs for few weeks or a month now.. So.. Hopefully she will molt here soon..
She just started webbing in her little den.. So.. That is a good sign..

I will let you know what happens.. :)

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ariel is Sad - Like Eeyore - fitting Maybe

:p

I will trade you a female for the Male - No biggy...depressed 1 :(

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wtLXXo8aYN8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wtLXXo8aYN8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Just don't Shoot yourself, K ;) - J

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy, I think that's about right. Hopefully they molt with in a close enough time of each other so she's stll early enough in her molt cycle when he matures. :)

Sharpfang, thank you, but I've already agreed to send him to Teal on a 50/50 since her female molted recently. :) Thanks though.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got rid of a female regalis that was a SOLID 8 inches.they CAN get big...Just depends on the spider(shrugs)