Well this sucks...

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe, Not so Depressing

Sharpfang, thank you, but I've already agreed to send him to Teal on a 50/50 since her female molted recently. :) Thanks though.
Don't tell her that her Pederseni MM got {D Oops! :rolleyes:

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
I know I haven't been in this hobby a very long time so this may be a really ridiculous question here, but have you contacted the dealer that sold it to you as a female.

Assuming it was a reputable dealer, or even someone on here that sells regularly, I wouldn't take that one quietly. They may not comp you with anything, but it would be worth making it known how displeased you are with their screw up. At least for me anyways.

Anyone know how often these sexing mistakes happen by "dealers"?

Also, feel free to post the sellers name so I know who to think twice about before buying from.

Take Care.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know I haven't been in this hobby a very long time so this may be a really ridiculous question here, but have you contacted the dealer that sold it to you as a female.

Assuming it was a reputable dealer, or even someone on here that sells regularly, I wouldn't take that one quietly. They may not comp you with anything, but it would be worth making it known how displeased you are with their screw up. At least for me anyways.

Anyone know how often these sexing mistakes happen by "dealers"?

Also, feel free to post the sellers name so I know who to think twice about before buying from.

Take Care.
Yes, I've already let them know. I was in the middle of a trade with them when it happened and I mentioned it in one of my emails to them, however their communication is crap, and they never even got back to me with a time and place before the day we were suppose ro meet and do the trade so it never happened. Heck, I STILL haven't heard anything back from them. :(

I won't post it up here, but I'll PM you and let you know.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry to hear.... This thing happens to the best of us.....:(
your not the only one.... cheer up!! there will be better days;):D....

Peace!!!

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's at least one dealer i've seen, & suspect it's also the one involved with this, that does actually have quite a few bad reviews. I don't think they've done much to correct their rep, other then people figure out it's better to deal with them at shows so they can see the T.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breed that sucker.Nuff said. Avic's are mostly a cakewalk to breed.Dont send him out if you have though about breeding before. Find a MF(since they are cheao),and give it a shot.Perfect first breeding project( besides OBT,imho)Even though you did not receive what you expected,this can become a good situation for you.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Breed that sucker.Nuff said. Avic's are mostly a cakewalk to breed.Dont send him out if you have though about breeding before. Find a MF(since they are cheao),and give it a shot.Perfect first breeding project( besides OBT,imho)Even though you did not receive what you expected,this can become a good situation for you.
I have thought about breeding, I just have to find a female first, and no point in having him sit around while I look, if I send him off and find a female in the mean time I could always ask to have him sent back when they're done with him.

Last edited:

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It wasn't wrongfully ID. It wrongfully sexed. It was sold to me as a female and molted in to a mature male. It's not as if it's a rare speices or anything, just an A. avic, I'd just been trying to get a female since I got into the hobby, bought one from a pet store not realizing it was already a MM. I thought I finally had it with this one but....

No, I haven't heard anything from them. I'm pretty much giving up, I've been so stressed out because of their terrible communication, it's just not worth it anymore.

Aw, thanks Tommy. :) Good luck with breeding her, they really are an awesome species.

Do you think she'll be at breeding size? I suddenly can't remember what size these guys max out at. hah. My boy is 5" so probably penultimate. His last molt was 6/3 so I expect he'll molt either next month or the month after that.
I meant wrongfully identified as female, but yeah, that sucks. All of my Ts are slings or sub-adults and I'm sure there are a couple of males in there, which sucks because I like raising them from slings, but I want them all to be females because I don't want to buy adults. I've thought about possibly breeding them myself or sending it out and hoping for a successful mate so I could get a couple of slings.