Well this sucks :(

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
So I got a couple new slings last week and one of them was my much anticipated G. Pulchra 1'' sling. It seemed to be in premolt with a dark area on its abdomen. It has been a total sweetheart since I got it. Very calm and slow moving. Well I wanted to take some pics to post so i opened the enclosure on my desk to snap some Macros. I gently coaxed it out of its hide and started taking some pics...then it decided it was an OBT and teleported out of the enclosure over onto my keyboard. I set my camera down and very slowly grabbed my catch cup I had handy. For some reason it decided to bolt again and this time it ran around to the back of my desk...AHHH! My desk is rather heavy so I quickly muscled up and moved my desk, took maybe 25 seconds...NO TARANTULA?!!! I just tore everything apart trying to find him. Nothin :( Ugh 1'' is so small in a 10 x 10 office. I feel so bad, I hope he turns up somehow.

Tarantulafan

Arachnopeon
Well, never give up hope. My kids, years ago let my leopard gecko out of his locked enclosure and no matter where I looked I could never find him. I went on holiday about 3 months later and when I put the key back in the door to let myself back in on my return there he was sitting on the floor staring at his empty vivarium! Needless to say he was soon back in his warm and cosy home.

On a side note I was attempting to feed my GBB today and he went around his plastic pot like a wheel of death stunt rider and the speed astounded me. Perhaps we should all remember that photographing our T's is probably safer in a two man team :)

Well lets hope your sling turns up safe and sound.

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
Yeah I took them all out hoping he would be hiding in one of them. Or under one or something but nothin :( Maybe Ill see him out cruising tonight when I'm working in my office and the house is darker. :\ So lame and frustrating but I know its my own fault

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
Thanks TarantulaFan! Yea I once had a Mexican Kingsnake that my little cousin let loose when I was gone. I found it 5 months later under a rug in my kitchen. Healthy as a horse haha. I hope he turns up!

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just turn off the lights and leave the room for a bit :) as I've been told on several occasions... they show up when you stop looking for them! Good luck.. I hope the little one turns up soon! I've had a handful of escapees and all were found the same day... I know it's not the same for everyone, but it can happen!

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
what i do is i feed my b vagan in the bathtub because he is a sling and the container he is in it 2 inchs up so he can get out and im not to good with the littles ones and he is FAST! (for me :D he seem to teleport)

Tarantulafan

Arachnopeon
what i do is i feed my b vagan in the bathtub because he is a sling and the container he is in it 2 inchs up so he can get out and im not to good with the littles ones and he is FAST! (for me :D he seem to teleport)
It would be my luck to forget to put the plug in the bath and the little one escape straight down there!

I always open my sling pots inside a larger plastic (eg biscuit box or chocolate assortment) tub so if he gets out of his pot I still have a second line of defence.

schadbone

Arachnopeon
Hey, good luck

Some time ago I left the lid up one morning on a cage while adding some water and my Rose Hair decided to go for a walk; I went nuts trying to find her all day :wall:, and the wife and kids just went nuts :)

So I stayed up that night waiting and looking, walking out into the living room every 1/2 hr and turning on the light to try to spot her, no luck.

So at 1am I was sitting at my PC in the computer room, and who should come walking in to say hi, I don’t know where she had been, but boy was I glad to get her back

So I feel your pain, good luck.
Regards
Steve

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really hope your little one turns up, or down. Being a terrestrial tarantula its probably going to be in some warm corner...Being as small as it is, thats going to be the hard part. Let us all know what develops.
I had a 1.5" N.chromatus get out one winter here in Wa, and that was in 2009 I believe...I never found it...not even a molt or a body...Wierd.