Well....this is a little irritating...

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've wanted a female A. avicularia for a long time. I got my first A. avicularia as my second T but didn't realize I'd purchased an already mature male. So after waiting and waiting to finally get another one, I bought a female from Tarantulas inc at the reptile show in april! I was so happy to have her!

Well....guess what?!

"She" just molted into a mature male!!! :evil:

It shouldn't be so hard to get a female of something so common in the hobby! Especially from a reputable dealer. This is really, really frustrating.

Sorry 'bout the rant, y'all, I'm just....upset.

Last edited:

marclar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Did the seller not confirm if the t. was a male or female ?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've wanted a female A. aviculara for a long time. I got my first A. aviculara as my second T but didn't realize I'd purchased an already mature male. So after waiting and waiting to finally get another one, I bought a female from Tarantulas inc at the reptile show in april! I was so happy to have her!

Well....guess what?!

"She" just molted into a mature male!!! :evil:

It shouldn't be so hard to get a female of something so common in the hobby! Especially from a reputable dealer. This is really, really frustrating.

Sorry 'bout the rant, y'all, I'm just....upset.
Oh Wow! That sucks Ariel.. I dont think I could ever do business with them.. I have heard nothing but bad things about them.. I know they have some gerat reviews.. But the people I know have had bad dealing with their shipping & now this....

I know Squid my MM came from them.. So did my female A. avic.. Both bought from people who bought them from T.inc..

Sorry to hear you got another male.. :( Hope they get everything straight for you..

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh Wow! That sucks Ariel.. I dont think I could ever do business with them.. I have heard nothing but bad things about them.. I know they have some gerat reviews.. But the people I know have had bad dealing with their shipping & now this....

I know Squid my MM came from them.. So did my female A. avic.. Both bought from people who bought them from T.inc..

Sorry to hear you got another male.. :( Hope they get everything straight for you..
I haven't really had a problem with them before, I steered clear of their shipping because I've heard the stories, and I only bought from shows. The only other female I bought with them did turn out to be female, so I though I could trust them. :( some of my best Ts came from them. But after this...

It's a little frustrating...especially since I'm suppose to do a trade with them tomorrow for a female E. sp. "flame" and now it's like...how I can I know if it's even going to be female?

/edit/

To be honest, I should have known, I thought he looked male ventrally, but I ignored my gut instinct because it was suppose to be a female.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm.. Well.. You can always take it up there to them & show them that is a male... Maybe they will let you keep it & give you a female since they screwed up..

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm.. Well.. You can always take it up there to them & show them that is a male... Maybe they will let you keep it & give you a female since they screwed up..
Yeah, I just sent them an e-mail. This has been a really crappy week, first my car breaks down (with no hope of repair) and now this. I might not even beable to meet them because of the car thing, talk about crappy!

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
If they sold it to you as a guaranteed female, you should let them know. I'm sure they will make it right.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If they sold it to you as a guaranteed female, you should let them know. I'm sure they will make it right.
Yeah, like I said, I sent them an E-mail. They're at a show though, so I might not get a response until tonight or tomorrow.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Hey Ariel I just saw a post regarding the desire to purchase a MM A.a thought you might like to know hope this helps. "[WTB:] MM A.Avic MM C.schioedtei
aluras"

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ariel I just saw a post regarding the desire to purchase a MM A.a thought you might like to know hope this helps. "[WTB:] MM A.Avic MM C.schioedtei
aluras"
Yeah, I saw it too, thanks. But if I am going to send him out it's going to be on a 50/50. Still I might contact him, see if he's interested in a 50/50.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ariel, Sorry to hear about this. Hope you get some straightening on your end.

Terry

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really crappy :( I hope you get a response to your email and they straighten things out for you!

If you want to send him out on a 50/50, send me a PM and we can work something out :) Panda molted recently, and I've been somewhat looking for a male for her.

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We have had some pretty crappy situations like this happen in the past, but just remember that sexing spiders isnt always the most easy thing in the world. Yes, sellers have a responsibility to make sure the sex of their spiders are correct if they say they are male or female, but sometimes things happen. Just remember to not totally freak out until they have a chance to correct the mistake, and if they won't, then you have every right to go nuts. It just works out better that way.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really crappy :( I hope you get a response to your email and they straighten things out for you!

If you want to send him out on a 50/50, send me a PM and we can work something out :) Panda molted recently, and I've been somewhat looking for a male for her.
Yeah, hopefully.

Sending you a PM now. :)