Well the male got it bad lastnight!

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I walked in the spare bedroom ( spider room ) lastnight and I saw my b. vegans female munchin down on the male. I had housed them together because his days were numbered anyway and I had heard that when she gets tired of him being around she will take care of him and the males are really good for the females as far as nutrition goes during this process. I hate to see him go but I guess it's better that I got ALL I could out of him while I had him. I hope she took to the attempts and we shall wait and see. By the way I first tried to breed about 3 months ago and it looked sucessful. Whats the next step so I know if she took? Thanks, Trey

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh wow there are so many things to get into, It would be best if you did a search of the forums about this question.....

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When I bred my Rosies I made sure the female was well fed after the mating attempts. Three months later, her butt was huge. I made sure she was in a dark. quiet area where she would not be disturbed except when being fed or watered. She dug a burrow under her retreat and sealed herself in. This is the indication that she's either gonna molt or make an eggsack. She ended up making a huge eggsack. I have heard its beneficial to give the female a month of cooler temperatures after the mating. Dropping the temps by 10 degrees or something like that and then bringing them back to normal.