Well... That was fun...

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
While showing my cousins my small tarantula collection I had a small oh crap moment...

I got to my C. marshalli and explained why it is commonly known as a horned baboon. Well, they didn't believe that she had a horn so I opened up the enclosure and attempted to tickle her out of her burrow with a piece of straw. This usually does the trick of luring her out as she is the most aggressive/defensive T I own. So I am poking around her burrow entrance with no luck. Me being me, I stuck the straw into the burrow a short distance and felt her tug on it so I slowly try to work her out.

Well, I failed to notice the new escape tunnel she dug and when I stuck the straw in one last time she shot out of this new tunnel, up the side of her enclosure, and down onto the desk before I even realized. This, of course, caused my cousins and my girlfriend to run screaming out of the den leaving me staring at this ticked off tarantula...

So, I grabbed my catch cup, which I have always kept near by just in case, and corralled her back into her enclosure.

Lesson learned... Don't poke at the angry Old Worlds. I will be using google next time to show people the spider lol

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
At least you had a catch cup ready. That can prevent a lot of bad things from happening.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
'no no, come in, these spiders can't hurt you! Sure you can see the horn, just a #$$!$!#+/++_!'
*panic ensues'
They'll never trust your word again :rofl: