Well that sucks. First death.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just had my first death. That little B. smithi I picked up, it died. Was fine yesterday. Dead today.

Hasn't ate and was really tiny. I figured it would.

Next on the list will be my little versi sling. It's still kicking. But it refuses to eat. It has since I got it. It molted and has hardened and still refuses. I offered prekilled and it won't scavenge anything either. Just drinks every so often and that's it.

It sucks. But the thing to know about tarantulas. There are always weak slings that just randomly die. Guess I'll be trying again on another one.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That sucks, but honestly, it's only a smithi and they are ALWAYS around.

Try having a rare species die after 3 years and there are no more left on the continent....and none being imported.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that sucks. sorry to hear it. :( better luck nest time..
Thanks. I've got a 30 day garuntee on it luckily.

Try having a rare species die after 3 years and there are no more left on the continent....and none being imported.
It is a good thing they are readily available.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Whats the deal with your avic? You should post a pic of the enclosure and some info on temps and how your raising it..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whats the deal with your avic? You should post a pic of the enclosure and some info on temps and how your raising it..
I'm not at home at the moment.

Not sure what's wrong with it. It's in one of those crystal clear containers. Which has several holes drilled for cross ventilation. Has same substrate I've always used. Which is the peat moss. I mist enough to moisten the substrate and let it start to dry out and mist it again.

Temperatures during the day 77-80 at night, it drops to 68-70.

I'm not sure what's wrong with t. It's just very lethargic. Not used to seeing them like that. Even as slings.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm not at home at the moment.

Not sure what's wrong with it. It's in one of those crystal clear containers. Which has several holes drilled for cross ventilation. Has same substrate I've always used. Which is the peat moss. I mist enough to moisten the substrate and let it start to dry out and mist it again.

Temperatures during the day 77-80 at night, it drops to 68-70.

I'm not sure what's wrong with t. It's just very lethargic. Not used to seeing them like that. Even as slings.
Thats basically how I raise mine.. Just a weak sling probably.. Has it webbed?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight

Unless you're me, who has looked all over for a confirmed male b. smithi and none exist to be found lol. Guess I'll be stuck waiting till after winter to start hunting again in hopes to breed my female.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unless you're me, who has looked all over for a confirmed male b. smithi and none exist to be found lol. Guess I'll be stuck waiting till after winter to start hunting again in hopes to breed my female.
I was speaking about smithi slings, I guess you didn't realize that.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Just had my first death. That little B. smithi I picked up, it died. Was fine yesterday. Dead today.

Hasn't ate and was really tiny. I figured it would.

Next on the list will be my little versi sling. It's still kicking. But it refuses to eat. It has since I got it. It molted and has hardened and still refuses. I offered prekilled and it won't scavenge anything either. Just drinks every so often and that's it.

It sucks. But the thing to know about tarantulas. There are always weak slings that just randomly die. Guess I'll be trying again on another one.
Yeah it is always frustrating when you don't get feedback from the T that it is eating (and growing). Hopefully the Avic pulls through