Well now what should I do?

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I saw an ad on CL for a tarantula that had to go or it would get "squished". I emailed the owner to inquire about species/sex. It turned out to be a male G. rosea, which I wasn't interested in. Now she's begging me to buy it, or she'll have to kill it. My space is limited right now, but I kind of feel like I have to take him...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How much? If she is really wanting him gone.. Tell him you will take him for free.. I mean.. What would be the difference if she squished him or gave him to you?

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I agree with Redneck. She should just give it away if she want's it gone so badly. But she definitely shouldn't kill it.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Take him... you can always ship him off to someone else, but you know he'd be WANTED.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks like I'll be picking up a new free T soon. Oh well, I'll give him some TLC (she was selling a heat lamp with it, I can only imagine the state he's in), see what I end up with.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks like I'll be picking up a new free T soon. Oh well, I'll give him some TLC (she was selling a heat lamp with it, I can only imagine the state he's in), see what I end up with.
If she's misinformed enough to be using a heat lamp, maybe she's not so sure that it's a male? Let us know.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is giving it to you? Thats cool... Cant wait for pictures.. :) Maybe it is a female..

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I picked it up today- the girl had it housed in a tall Exo Terra with a few inches of moss. She told me she'd been putting about 20 large crickets in the cage a week and leaving them there. Plus there was the heat lamp...however, she was genuinely upset, as she'd been told by the owners of the trailer she'd moved into that if she didn't get rid of it they were going to crush it. She did care, just didn't have the right info.
So, here "he" is:

Attachments

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well.. Atleast "she" (IMO) is in good hands now & does not have to worry about getting crushed..

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I never wanted a rosea, but she? is pretty, and docile. I'll give it a whirl.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
Great story I'm glad to hear he's got a good home now. It raises a question for me to, I have a female that would love to have a boyfriend if you want to sale him. I live in Michigan if it makes a difference but let me know.