Well, it's been done to death but..

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I swear this is a trick of the camera.. he's just feeling around.. I posted it to show the way the camera catches the iridescence of the foot pads sometimes.

Bill

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
wow

awsome! beautiful T!! I love em! i will be getting a 1/2" sling shortly! Good Luck! nice pic!

EDIT: how big is he/she?

James

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
We all love a versicolor :)

We need photos like this since once you actually have one the only way you get to see that metallic blue on the wee ones is go destroy their web and chase them out of it. I know the two sets of photos I posted of mine are the only two times since I got it that I've gotten a good look at it.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Yeah Chip, that was the case today, had to tear up the web... I didn't feel bad about it, since he got these posh new living conditions out of the deal..

Bill

Attachments

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They never fail to be BEAUTIFUL! I've not seen a bad pic of a versicolor

I'm getting my 1.5cm A. versicolor this week. I am TOO excited, I just can't wait. They have to be one of my favourite T's, and arboreal too... it can only be a bonus!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
OMG, I wish I could get one of those, they are sooo beautiful ! ($$ :()

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spider_savior
OMG, I wish I could get one of those, they are sooo beautiful ! ($$ :()
You think so? I regularly see spiderlings for 20-30 dollars on lists. While I like getting Juveniles myself the best, this is one species I would definately want to have from a spiderling. You don't want to miss them going from neon blue to purple and red, do you?

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They're very affordable in my experience as well. They must not be any harder to breed than regular pinktoes and their demand guarantees that almost every vendor has them in stock nearly 12 months out of the year. I've seen them listed for as low as $18, and the highwater mark I've seen was only $35.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Even at 1/2 inch, my versicolor is quickly becoming my favorite spider. It is docile as can be. And who can't resist it's charm while it walks!

Jon

PS - How large is your versicolor Bill?

Last edited:

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow they're quite expensive in the US. I've managed to get my sling for £9 which I think is a bit cheaper than $18. Suprising! I would have thought that T's in the UK would be more expensive.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Freak II is just shy of the two inch mark after the molt last week..

Bill

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aaaaaaw so Cute!

The twins want one or two or ten or twelve more Versi's......
LOL

critters007

Arachnopeon
Great pic. That really is a beautiful tarantula. This specie is definitely at the top of my want list.