Well I moved lil bastard and......Bite report???

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I decided to move my little P. Murinus to a different enclosure to provide a ton of substrate and a different look and I had no idea how big he/she has become. I moved it to an exo terra tank that I had and trying to get the little <edit> out was a battle. It reared up at me as I figured but then it did something i've never seen it do. It jumped at me! It proped up on it's hine legs and did the fang thing and leaped. Thankfully I can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee so I got my hand out of the way in time but it led me to ask. Has anyone ever been bitten by one and what are the effects?

Last edited by a moderator:

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol, when i move P. murinus, i open the top of the old container and put it in the new container on its side. When its out it take the old one. Thank goodness you got yourself out of there before you got bitten, i have read the bite reports.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, yeah....tell me about it. Im not real big on swelling and muscle pains. I see pics of people holding them and I really don't know what's going through their mind. Maybe some kind of illegal substance?

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Has anyone seen the video on myspace of a women handling one of these??
Im sure this was the species. Anyway she had it on her arm, blowing on it to get it into the threat pose, then after a while had it on her hand doing the same!!!
I'll have to go and see if I can find it again.

Mike

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my god whats up with her :eek: :eek: :eek: if that had been me i would have been going nuts and i am a MAN :8o :8o :8o :eek: -- phil

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My God!!! I tried, I just couldn't watch it all the way through. I kept expecting the OBT to jump on her face and start chomping!!!! I can't believe it didn't with as much as she was irritating it!!!!!!
That woman is totally out of her mind, not to mention the fact that she must really enjoy stressing out Ts.

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
seeing how the t is it looks like it is used to her handling it though. only threatens when she wants it to and all the rest of the time it looks pretty calm. not that im saying I would ever attemt this. my obt would take my finger off before it let me handle it. and im not about to ever try.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OBT handling

I dunno.....looks like this obt is fairly docile, sits on her arm until she wants it to threat display, and she waves her hand/fingers around/over it. Even when the T moved to her back, she remained calm and watched where the T was in the mirror, and recaptured the T on to her hand, and encouraged the T to threat on her hand. This is amazing, but I question the wisdom of this. All it would take is one lunge onto her face and she could be bit severely. No matter how many times she's done this, a T can be unpredictable and may react with a lunge/bite.. And blowing air on the T, thats just asking for a reaction. Maybe she's willing to suffer a bite if it happens, and good luck to her.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
waving fingers

Im wondering, does the waving of fingers somehow transfix the T into not striking? Or , as I would think, does it just irritate the T (which seemed to be what she wanted).

Derek W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im wondering, does the waving of fingers somehow transfix the T into not striking? Or , as I would think, does it just irritate the T (which seemed to be what she wanted).
I think it's probably the latter. The only other thing it might be doing is confusing the T into thinking her hand is a larger T giving a threat display, but I wouldn't think it would be stupid enough to believe that.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That video should be called " How NOT to treat yout Tarantula " I can just see some Noob doing that to a Haplopelma schmidti after watching that clip !

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
stupid video

Yeah, reminds me of the pics of that phillipine? girl having a cobalt blue running around on her face and head. Can you imagine the pain of a bite there? These kinds of handling are just crazy stupid, but undoubtedly impresses some people that don't know better.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would love to see her try that with mine. im sure alot of people do handle this spider. but holding one and teasing it are totally different matters. im sure she will be real shocked when it does finally get enough and bites her. or dies from the stress.
i wouldnt even think of trying that. but then im diabetic and alergic to spiders both so im very carefull with mine. a good bite from one of these could really bad. i dont take any chances.