Well I fed some silkworms(pics)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I picked up a few fat silkworms today to try them out with my inverts. I quickly learned many things about silkworms. They look funny, they feel funny, they eat like crazy, they poop like crazy, they dont smell.

So far its looking like the tarantuals like them, im not sure about the scorpions though.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very interesting, where did you get the silkworms? Outside I'm guessing?

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very interesting, where did you get the silkworms? Outside I'm guessing?
Local reptile shop. They charged like 34cents a piece which is alot more than crickets but I like to mix it up from time to time. The green guts are pretty crazy, im guessing from all the leaves there always chowing on.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wonder what the nutritional value really is to your T, if the contents of the worms are all plant matter. o_O;

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wonder what the nutritional value really is to your T, if the contents of the worms are all plant matter. o_O;
I know they are really nutritional for reptiles like beardies as snacks, but I'm not sure about Ts. I'm pretty sure they are more nutritional then crickets though.

Sweet pics!

Last edited:

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Man, crix have lots of Phosphorus in them... that's quite the chart.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My a.seemani, normally very skittish about large prey, liked them too.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My a.seemani, normally very skittish about large prey, liked them too.

Nice, its prety crazy my rosehair like peeled the skin off and not its just a green worm looking thing. Its now stuffing that in its mouth lol.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
almost all done. Looks its a good kid, eating all it's vegies and greens. :rolleyes:

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dunno about T's but bearded dragons grow like weeds when fed silkies as a staple. I used to breed and raise silkies a-lot of work and they only eat mulberry leaves and they are quite the little gluttons. I am gonna try my hand at hornworms here very soon if all goes well I will sell them off pretty cheap:D

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dunno about T's but bearded dragons grow like weeds when fed silkies as a staple. I used to breed and raise silkies a-lot of work and they only eat mulberry leaves and they are quite the little gluttons. I am gonna try my hand at hornworms here very soon if all goes well I will sell them off pretty cheap:D
nice, im actually planning on breeding some silkworms. Mainly for an experience/fun/give me something to do. But I will also be sellin them off cheap:)