Weirdest thing you've seen your Tarantula do?

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Started to record my A.Chalcodes digging it’s burrow and all of a sudden it dropped its mouthful of sub and got her face covered in it and remained in this exact position for over an hour lol
They’re pissing me off. 😡 ahaha, why? Why is it when they notice us looking they stop? Ahaha, my OBT was finally digging up its burrow and I caught it carrying a huge amount of soil and when it noticed me staring it spit it out and just went inside it’s hole. 🤣 I was like sorry for interrupting.

TaylorCV27

Arachnopeon
So we all know that Ts can exhibit some odd behavior at times but what is the one thing that your T (or Ts) have done that made you go "huh?"

For me it was coming down to my kitchen this morning and thinking my P. cambridgei had died in the night...bummed moment. Then I notice movement...she was lying on her side, legs curled, grooming...as in actually laying on the ground and on her side, lazily grooming like it was too much effort to do it while upright!

Too dark to get a photo at the time, but pic of her for good measure

View attachment 432947
I've seen my Pterinochilus Murinus face the cover of his enclosure vertically and one day he was upside down which was pretty funny. Who knows what they're thinking lol
So we all know that Ts can exhibit some odd behavior at times but what is the one thing that your T (or Ts) have done that made you go "huh?"

For me it was coming down to my kitchen this morning and thinking my P. cambridgei had died in the night...bummed moment. Then I notice movement...she was lying on her side, legs curled, grooming...as in actually laying on the ground and on her side, lazily grooming like it was too much effort to do it while upright!

Too dark to get a photo at the time, but pic of her for good measure

View attachment 432947
I've seen my Pterinochilus murinus upside down before. Sorry my phone takes blurry pictures

Attachments

DuneElliot

Arachnosquire
I've seen my Pterinochilus Murinus face the cover of his enclosure vertically and one day he was upside down which was pretty funny. Who knows what they're thinking lol

I've seen my Pterinochilus murinus upside down before. Sorry my phone takes blurry pictures
That's pretty much my P. cambridei's permanent position...either that or sitting on her butt upright, or lying on her side on the ground.