Weird (to me) behavior with my A hentzi happening right now, please advise

Jake94

Arachnopeon
Posting pictures once they load to imgur. Never taken this long Idk what's going on with that but Anyway.. My A. hentzi is sitting out in her enclosure Ah here we go : http://imgur.com/92v9FlA

So she's been in her log for a few days now with the entrance thinly webbed off. I assumed she was in pre molt for a while but she's been eating still. I just came home and saw her in what I first thought was a death curl. I'm looking at her and she's sort of playing with/ rotating her fangs. It "Looks" to me who hasn't seen it before, like she may be trying to loosen/ pop her exoskeleton and moult-ride side up for some reason... ? But I have no clue. I'll try and post a video of the movements if someone tells me how to do that once I record the video with my phone. Thanks!

Jake94

Arachnopeon
Is she just being cute? I took the lid off for better picture, should I put it back on? I know the lighting is bad, should I risk scaring her with the flash to get a better one?

Jake94

Arachnopeon
I just remembered! She was doing the same thing a couple nights ago and I totally forgot!

Jake94

Arachnopeon
Sounds to me like she´s grooming.
Yeah no doubt! I guess I haven't seen her do it so compulsively before, and outside of her hiding log. She has stopped now though; she's just chilling there. Maybe she doesn't really like her hide and is just decently comfortable with her space. Maybe this is just the kind of stuff I'll get to see if I keep not handling my spiders...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Yeah no doubt! I guess I haven't seen her do it so compulsively before, and outside of her hiding log. She has stopped now though; she's just chilling there. Maybe she doesn't really like her hide and is just decently comfortable with her space. Maybe this is just the kind of stuff I'll get to see if I keep not handling my spiders...
I've heard that when it comes to Aponopelma species in the US they tend to stay more out in the open versus hiding in a hide, unless they're molting, etc.

Jake94

Arachnopeon
I've heard that when it comes to Aponopelma species in the US they tend to stay more out in the open versus hiding in a hide, unless they're molting, etc.
Cool, this seems to be the case. Thanks you!