Weird Things You Catch Yourself Doing With Your T’s

Craig73

Arachnoangel
We’re all weird/quirky in our own unique and fun ways we interact with pets. Baby talk, certain phrases you always say to them, blow kisses, etc. What’s yours?

For me I give a finger high five if they have a leg touching the enclosure wall. I tell them ‘good job’ , ‘looking dapper’, or say ‘somebody’s grouchy today’ when they pop an attitude. So yeah, I have my Dr. Doolittle moments.

I‘m sure I’m some level of certifiable crazy. It’s the little things I do that make me appreciate how connected I feel to my crew.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
When they're on the sides I give them belly scritches, my husband gives them eskimo kisses. He won't be happy if he finds out I said that publicly.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
[/QUOTE]
Fart in the same room with them. They like it.
So you’re saying they fart along with you? Can’t wait to hear the album. 😳

When they're on the sides I give them belly scritches, my husband gives them eskimo kisses. He won't be happy if he finds out I said that publicly.
I, along with thousands of others, did not hear a thing. At least couldn‘t hear it over @Poonjab garage farting rockband. 😆

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
I ask them now and then, how they are doing, and when I spook them accidently I tell them that I dont want to harm them.
And after a molt I tell them that they are looking so beautyful!

Yes I speak now and then with my beautys!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I ask them now and then, how they are doing, and when I spook them accidently I tell them that I dont want to harm them.
And after a molt I tell them that they are looking so beautyful!

Yes I speak now and then with my beautys!
Yes, yes, the accidental spook and apologies after. I can so relate.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I don’t say or do anything other than what needs to be done.
Not even say sorry if you accidentally bump an enclosure? I’m gonna rephrase the question if I don’t get the answer I want from you.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Poonjab and the Toots. Great band name.

I talk to my T's. A couple of weeks ago I was rehousing a T. albo and it casually walked from the old enclosure right into the new one. I told the T. albo it was a sweetheart for being so good. My GF got mad that I called it a sweetheart.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I kind of talk to them.

"Hey little ladies, I'm back. Did ya miss me ?"
"Who wants crickets ?"

After my porteri filled up her waterdish 3 consecutive times with sub. "Ok, keep your dirt sauna, you loon ! There's another water bowl in the corner for ya ! Don't foul that one up, please ?"

After filling up water dishes and no one attacked the stream. "*In a Ace Ventura voice* Thank you for your cooperation !"

Yeah, I can be a bit goofy when I talk to my Ts :p

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Um well, I broke down and sang happy birthday awhile ago to two tarantulas I got at 2i last year, and I made my gf sing along begrudgingly with me ;) :wacky: . They are different species but thhe pair make up a eccentric french man (lol....) named Croops de Groops. Croops- Caribena versicolor, Groops- Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. Now its a tradition I sing happy birthday to all the slings i know theyre approximate age....

I am also away home for two days sat &sunday every week so I always go talk to all of them whhen I get hhome sunday night and let them talk back.... yeah still waiting for thhat one:troll:

I also to thhe outdside world do something weird, I bought a wifi security/nanny cam that I leave on to check on thhem whhile away. This proved super useful while I was traveling to be able to see moisture levels in substrate and make sure my GF refilled thheir waterbowls for ones that got low. I sometimes check on thhem while I am at work.....attachhed much..!?? :drunk:

It has come in handy last night for chhecking on a Scolopendra polymorpha I saved that had come thhrough pesticides at work, I really didnt thhink it was going to make it, but I housed it in a clear kids shhoe box, but havent seen it for a week but hhave saw new tunnels and entrances popping up about 5days ago, well reviewing footage it seems to be doing well, excavating a new burrow entrance and thhen wandering for a minute above ground before going underground again :D and it looks longer now too, going to feed it tonight and let the cam catch it on footage :)

We're all weird :wacky::troll:

Timc

Arachnosquire
I talk politics with my tarantulas. My A. chalchodes are pissed about that audit in Arizona.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
We’re all weird/quirky in our own unique and fun ways we interact with pets. Baby talk, certain phrases you always say to them, blow kisses, etc. What’s yours?

For me I give a finger high five if they have a leg touching the enclosure wall. I tell them ‘good job’ , ‘looking dapper’, or say ‘somebody’s grouchy today’ when they pop an attitude. So yeah, I have my Dr. Doolittle moments.

I‘m sure I’m some level of certifiable crazy. It’s the little things I do that make me appreciate how connected I feel to my crew.
Yes I do all of these things. I talk to them constantly.

Other stupid things I say:

"What are you doing?" (Let's face it, that's 70% of what I say to them.)
"Why would you ever do that?"
"Oh no! Somebody has PMS!" (pre-molt syndrome)

I always greet them and talk to them. I also re-write the lyrics to whatever song is stuck in my head to suit them and sing at them. I know they don't care. I DO IT FOR ME.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Sometimes, my A Chalcodes' foot pokes out of the air hole on the side of her enclosure and i just can't resist giving it a little kiss while singing the song "my left foot" referenced in family guy 😂

Table

Arachnosquire
whhen I get hhome sunday night and let them talk back.... yeah still waiting for thhat one:troll:
And if they do start to answer, I'd honestly start to worrie.

I talk to my Ts the same way I talk to peaple, asking nicely for things. I apologize when I spook them or bump an elcosure, and every time I enter my T room I loudly say "shalom!"

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Yes I do all of these things. I talk to them constantly.

Other stupid things I say:

"What are you doing?" (Let's face it, that's 70% of what I say to them.)
"Why would you ever do that?"
"Oh no! Somebody has PMS!" (pre-molt syndrome)

I always greet them and talk to them. I also re-write the lyrics to whatever song is stuck in my head to suit them and sing at them. I know they don't care. I DO IT FOR ME.
I totally envision you doing the Soul Train line down the center of your room with T’s on both sides of you.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mostly I end up trash talking them lol.

"What in the world are you DOING? Stop that you little idiot!"
"It's a dead mealworm, not a predator you freaking drama king. Stop posing at it."

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
So you’re saying they fart along with you? Can’t wait to hear the album. 😳

I, along with thousands of others, did not hear a thing. At least couldn‘t hear it over @Poonjab garage farting rockband. 😆
[/QUOTE]
Ah, well.....I know that there's a jumping spider called paraphidippus fartilis. So maybe that one's the lead singer.