Weird Rosea!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not really weird..maybe just being a rosea...

T's tend to raise their abdomens when they're angry, but do they ever do it while on the side of a tank???? who knows? Maybe so! :)

peace
dave

jesses

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
not really weird..maybe just being a rosea...

T's tend to raise their abdomens when they're angry, but do they ever do it while on the side of a tank???? who knows? Maybe so! :)

peace
dave
I'll admit that I've never had a Tarantula this small, but she seems to have no control over her abdomen, as if she couldn't pull it up if she wanted to. Its hanging in an almost hyperextended position, I'm wondering if there could be some kinda damage?
But then again I've never owned a Rosea or any Tarantula this small. :?

slice9

Arachnopeon
My redknee did something like this a few weeks ago. Same situation with it on the side of the tank, maybe it was just gravity or something. Its fine and healthy so I don't think its a problem. If anything I think it would lay on the dirt if it had a problem with its abdomen.

pixi14369

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well i am surprised noone mentioned that she might be constipated.....The position shown is the normal "taking a dump" position....I dont know if it is possible for a spider to become constipated but its a good theory..

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my costa rican tiger rump sling allways does this, I think it can feel me walk into the room and take up its defense posture.