weird looking irminia

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
this baby was from the last sac i got from my girl. it was grey/white as a nymph (not pink/yellow) and was BIG compared to the others.

i remember seeing a thread somewhere here with pics of a similar one, but cant find it...

anyways, just thought ive share some pics of this odd ball :). cant wait to see how it develops, and hoping its a female!

Last edited:

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm, maybe it was mistakenly labeled irminia, but is actually a different Psalmopeous sp that you got? I wonder.

I have heard of successful hybridization of irminia and cambridgei. That'd be wild if you ended up with one of those.

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can you post a pic with the sac mate or the penny? you've posted pics of the oddball and the sac mate with a penny, but we still don't have any idea of the size between the two spiders imo.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's an irminia. I remember a post a while back from somene in Africa that had the same thing.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
It's a P. irminia alright, with a 'conjoined abdomen'.
I'm guessing it's a lot like those Ts with two abdomens, only in this case more fused together. That's why you see the double chevron. Double chevron.... All the way.....!! *cries*

umm, anyway, apparently it's not a natural variation/mutation for chevron patterns, but the bad kind of mutation... The kind you definitely don't want to breed with should this one reach adulthood IMO, unless you want a sac full of mutants!

Oh, here's another thread of a similar individual.

Very neat spider to be sure. Hopefully it won't have any abdominal problems down the road!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its the freek of the week and a good looking one at that. Love the multiple chevrons.

Hang on to that guy!!!

PIG-

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Very cool looking! Hobo is on it with a link. :p That ones cool lookin too. I wonder if there are any mutations inside of it. Like extra organs and stuff. :?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
These are odd looking irminias:

here is a normal looking one:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Is there anyone that has had other speices that had this problem? Maybe with Brachys or Grammys? Im suprised you didnt post that 2I siemese irminia picture Rob.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is there anyone that has had other speices that had this problem? Maybe with Brachys or Grammys? Im suprised you didnt post that 2I siemese irminia picture Rob.
The first one is the Siamese twin LOL!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
The first one is the Siamese twin LOL!
I know but didnt it make it to second instar? I thought it molted out fine after first instar. :? I thought i remembered a pic of a second instar seimese. I guess i was mistaken. LOL

Last edited:

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
can you post a pic with the sac mate or the penny? you've posted pics of the oddball and the sac mate with a penny, but we still don't have any idea of the size between the two spiders imo.
this is the only baby i have left from teh sac, no other slings to compare it to. it eats good and has successfully molted once, we'll see how it does.

i was also wondering if the little monster had extra organs going on?

and rob, THOSE really are odd {D. those twins are epic!

LV-426

Arachnobaron
the Op's sling could be a chimera, that would be the DNA genetics of the abdomen is the brother\sister of the carapace DNA. Thats the best way i can explain it:?

Last edited: