Weird dreams

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I've had multiple weird dreams involving tarantulas. Lately there was a really bizarre one where I was at some sort of reptile show or huge pet shop and was trying to pick out a tarantula. I saw a P. metallica and a few Brachypelma species, but oddly enough, some of them seemed....off. There was something wrong with them, they were fake, counterfeit, or the person selling them to me was trying to mislead me. Something was wrong with them in a sort of uncanny valley kind of way. Little details were off, and just seemed wrong. For some strange reason it made me feel really uneasy. It was very strange.

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
Speaking of arachnophobia I think getting a tarantula is the easiest way to get rid of a fear of spiders
I have never been afraid of spiders, or any bug for that matter. My dad was a biologist whos main field was bugs so I was always around them. Then my dad got Rosie when I was 12 or 13 and grew up with her till I left home. However that movie for some reason freaks me out and always gives me weird dreams. Taking over a town and then being eaten in a revolt was a new one though.

maddog1219

Arachnosquire
I have never been afraid of spiders, or any bug for that matter. My dad was a biologist whos main field was bugs so I was always around them. Then my dad got Rosie when I was 12 or 13 and grew up with her till I left home. However that movie for some reason freaks me out and always gives me weird dreams. Taking over a town and then being eaten in a revolt was a new one though.
Yea I think the main reason people are scared of spiders is because parents teach their kids to be scared of them, the roaches scare me more :rofl:

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
I've had multiple weird dreams involving tarantulas. Lately there was a really bizarre one where I was at some sort of reptile show or huge pet shop and was trying to pick out a tarantula. I saw a P. metallica and a few Brachypelma species, but oddly enough, some of them seemed....off. There was something wrong with them, they were fake, counterfeit, or the person selling them to me was trying to mislead me. Something was wrong with them in a sort of uncanny valley kind of way. Little details were off, and just seemed wrong. For some strange reason it made me feel really uneasy. It was very strange.
That does sound quite strange. Don't buy conterfiet t's everyone.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Random tidbit on dreams, think it’s cool to share:

A buddy of mine is like myself, we’re lucid dreamers and have the ability to remember dreams and on “command” revisit them. We both have recurring dreams that we’ve tried to find meaning of, if any.

He and I are also both programmers, but he’s decided to take things a step further. He started learning how to program in Unreal, in order to interact with 3D models in a VR-style game. He’s recreating his dreams so that he can show his wife in VR what he’s seeing, and as he revisits that dream more he can add to it. Essentially he’s creating a visual dream journal.

Just thought I’d share. Pretty neat stuff.
Nightmare on Elm Street, that’s what pops in my head. Do NOT fall asleep!

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
First one was not terrible, went downhill from there.
Jason scared me, Mike Myers scared the hell out of me and sort of still does. But Freddy, the idea, just the concept of a dream eating terror has always even as a child made me laugh. Home Alone when it was released scared me more than any of the NOE ever have.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
i dreamed that my pokey escaped and was hunting down my birds... i then found the pokey inside my birds nest box incubating my birds eggs
i thought it was my bird so i picked it up and set it on my shoulder

yeah, idek either :rofl:

Atraxrobustus86

Arachnopeon
i dreamed that my pokey escaped and was hunting down my birds... i then found the pokey inside my birds nest box incubating my birds eggs
i thought it was my bird so i picked it up and set it on my shoulder

yeah, idek either :rofl:
Ack, brings back bad memories. My moms really smart parrot was always trying to get into Rosie's cage which sat in the middle of the living room. Whenever that damn bird was in the room, that poor spooder. That damn parrot is still alive and poor Rosie has passed on.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I don’t dream. You think I’m playing, I’m not. In the extremely rare, and I mean extremely rare occasions I have dreamed, it’s been solutions to advanced models and it’s what is referred to as a lucid dreaming. Might as well be awake at that point because it feels like I’m awake and living in the moment.

Last edited:

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
I have constant dreams that my tarantulas end up being in other tarantula's enclosures and getting killed.
I remember i dreamt that i found my little G. Pulchra cut in half by my sub-adult T. Albo. I always wake up relieved that it was a dream.
I Also dream bad molts

I had this one dream where my feeder boxes were flipped,and in a few minutes the whole house was swarmed with superworms,lateralis and dubias. My tarantulas were eaten up right away.

Also,this really weird one.
I dreamt that i asked a pet store to keep my G. Pulchra enclosure while i do something (?) . When i was getting back,i randomly looked through a school window ,teacher was showing to the kids my Pulchra that was sitting on the table. I walked in asking why is my spider with them,but they kicked me out. When i returned again,the spider escaped somewhere in the classroom. Was never more furious in a dream than this.

Whenever i dream of them,they never survive. Sucks

HeartBum

Arachnobaron
Always dreaming of the T’s, sadly it’s often that they escape or I lose track of them and am sure they’re loose in the house somewhere. Sometimes it’s that they’re super nasty and bite me. Last night I dreamt I had a made up species that deliberately jumps on your head, bites your scalp and then jumps away again, and found out they did this via someone off Ru-Paul’s Drag Race’s YouTube video. Brain’s are weird.

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Very weird stuff goes on in the minds of the tarantula keeper I suppose... thanks for the replies everyone, it's odd how sometimes the dreams are similar to others, and sometimes completely different and unexplainable, but very cool at the same time!

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Can't really remember dreaming of the T's but sure I've probably had the odd one.
I'm sure this is going to sound highly improbable, but I do occasionally get strange very lucid dreams that come true within a short space of time. The earliest one I remember I'm convinced probably saved my life.

I was around 13 years old and my mum was driving me to my grandparents house to pick up my sister. This actually was due to happen the next day. In the dream my dad was in the passenger seat. In real life, my dad always drove if going out as a family. Never mum.

Where we lived at the time the road a quarter of a mile from the house becomes lonely and winding, with trees either side that form an arch. In my dream, not too far along that road I realised I wanted to go home and my mum pulled over and said she'd drop me off and I could walk back to the house. Highly unusual for her. So I start walking and something evil is following me. I don't see what it is, I'm trying to run from it but it's like slow motion. Then I woke up in a panic.

Later that day we get in the car, my dad stays home, and not too far from the house I remembered something was on TV that I didn't want to miss, so I asked to go back. Mum got irritated and started to pull over and said "Look, I'll drop you off. Walk straight back home and be careful". Well, I hadn't forgotten that dream so I stayed put in the car. She was pretty shocked when I told her about her. I'm absolutely convinced something would have happened had I got out of the car. Though I accept it does sound far fetched!

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Can't really remember dreaming of the T's but sure I've probably had the odd one.
I'm sure this is going to sound highly improbable, but I do occasionally get strange very lucid dreams that come true within a short space of time. The earliest one I remember I'm convinced probably saved my life.

I was around 13 years old and my mum was driving me to my grandparents house to pick up my sister. This actually was due to happen the next day. In the dream my dad was in the passenger seat. In real life, my dad always drove if going out as a family. Never mum.

Where we lived at the time the road a quarter of a mile from the house becomes lonely and winding, with trees either side that form an arch. In my dream, not too far along that road I realised I wanted to go home and my mum pulled over and said she'd drop me off and I could walk back to the house. Highly unusual for her. So I start walking and something evil is following me. I don't see what it is, I'm trying to run from it but it's like slow motion. Then I woke up in a panic.

Later that day we get in the car, my dad stays home, and not too far from the house I remembered something was on TV that I didn't want to miss, so I asked to go back. Mum got irritated and started to pull over and said "Look, I'll drop you off. Walk straight back home and be careful". Well, I hadn't forgotten that dream so I stayed put in the car. She was pretty shocked when I told her about her. I'm absolutely convinced something would have happened had I got out of the car. Though I accept it does sound far fetched!
Woah! That's definitely pretty crazy, I've definitely had deja vu type dreams that a scene in my dream will end up a scene I see in real life, hard to explain, but I believe it, dreams are weird, as is life.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Woah! That's definitely pretty crazy, I've definitely had deja vu type dreams that a scene in my dream will end up a scene I see in real life, hard to explain, but I believe it, dreams are weird, as is life.
I know, they can be really odd. Your deja vu dreams sound very interesting. How the sub conscious can traverse time. I had a dream like that once. Most of my 'warning' dreams tend to be about relationships going wrong or betrayal etc. And I very rarely ever have them.

The deja vu dream involved me and my bf at the time, going into a pub with a couple, and somehow in the dream the couple did something bad to us (can't remember what it was in the dream) and there was a big argument.

Several months later we met a couple, who we became friends with. We were invited to stay for a long weekend. I had no suspicions about them until they took us to a pub and as soon as I saw it, I knew it was the pub from my dream. My disquiet increased when we went inside because it was all too familiar. And I just knew that they were the people in my dream. You don't really remember faces in dreams do you?

So my guard went up. And not long after, my bank card went missing from my purse. I knew it was one of them and I suspected it was the man. Thing is without that dream I would never have suspected them, I would have just thought that I'd lost it. My bf actually searched for my card and found where he'd stashed it, then confronted him. There was a huge barney and we left. Never saw them again.

Weird, huh?!

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I had a dream last night that i could use worms to see the future. I became a fortune teller. 😆
Worm divination? What the hell was that about?

jc55

Arachnoknight
I can honestly say that i have never had any weird dreams about any tarantulas,just two legged animals.