Weird discolouration/markings on archispirostreptus gigas?

Pigeon

Arachnosquire
I've owned millipedes for a long time now and recently decided to introduce a new addition to my collection after one of my older females died. She is a gorgeous female archispirostreptus gigas and I'm beyond happy with her. She is in isolation currently as she arrived with mites and although I know these are harmless, I don't wish to introduce them to my larger tank really. As she was transported fairly recently, I haven't handled her until today, when she finally came out to the surface for some food.

Upon handling, I have noticed she has a series of discoloured spots/stripes on her one side. They're mostly pale patches, with darker centres. I've not seen this on archispirostreptus gigas species before, but have noticed similar discolouration on my spirostreptidae sp 8 that dissappeared after a shed. I'm presuming that it is nothing more than a potential previous bad shed? And that like my spirostreptidae sp 8, it'll no longer be visisble when she sheds again? Just wondering if it's something I need to be worried about.

I have included some photos of the markings below.

Attachments

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Many millipedes get hurt by getting dropped or bumped or something and it might hurt them and leave spots and it just doesn’t get fixed or it was from a bad molt. I haven’t kept this species but I had O. ornatus and a scarlet that had this. I was a bit concerned but there is nothing I can do. Also for the mites, I would get water and rinse off the millipede and change the substrate every couple days while quarantining it. Also. Super cool. I really wish I could get one but aphis banned them because of some mites that could potentially destroy a couple of crops.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Many millipedes get hurt by getting dropped or bumped or something and it might hurt them and leave spots and it just doesn’t get fixed or it was from a bad molt. I haven’t kept this species but I had O. ornatus and a scarlet that had this. I was a bit concerned but there is nothing I can do. Also for the mites, I would get water and rinse off the millipede and change the substrate every couple days while quarantining it. Also. Super cool. I really wish I could get one but aphis banned them because of some mites that could potentially destroy a couple of crops.
Rinse off the pede? Seems super stressful on the pede and could drown it. Just use a moist q-tip to rub mites off.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Sorry, I learned this from beetles where you just poor a tiny bit of water and try to get the mites off. Not like running water under the sink.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Looks like discoloration or some damage from its time in the wild or in shipping. Nothing to be seriously concerned about in my opinion.

The mites are indeed harmless, I don't really understand why people don't like them as they're like the springtails we already have in most of our enclosures.

Also, millipedes can be rinsed off in water under a sink with no ill effects so long as they are dried off properly afterwards, though this is generally only best practice when there are a lot of grains mites, bad substrate, fungus, etc. to be removed from the exoskeleton of the specimen.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Pigeon

Arachnosquire
Thank you for this advice. I'm keeping an eye but she seems happy and agile so my concerns are settled for now haha
They're aboslutely fantastic to own. It's such a shame that they're so difficult for anyone state side to get hold of :(

Pigeon

Arachnosquire
Looks like discoloration or some damage from its time in the wild or in shipping. Nothing to be seriously concerned about in my opinion.

The mites are indeed harmless, I don't really understand why people don't like them as they're like the springtails we already have in most of our enclosures.

Also, millipedes can be rinsed off in water under a sink with no ill effects so long as they are dried off properly afterwards, though this is generally only best practice when there are a lot of grains mites, bad substrate, fungus, etc. to be removed from the exoskeleton of the specimen.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
The mites are probably my smallest concern right now honestly, I just want to keep her isolated somewhat to make sure they're normal, healthy mites and not some sort of hostile parasite she may have picked up from her breeder. Currently looking like the first not the latter, so once she's a little more active i'll introduce her to the bigger tank. Not seen her since adding her to quarentine tank but more than used to it, poor thing probably so stressed out. Glad to know the marks are nothing to worry about though! :D