Weird Bug in Dubia Farm

CamranT

Arachnopeon
I just added some nymphs and adults to my farm and I spotted this in my colony. I don't know if it was there from before or from the new batch but I have no idea what it is.
It didn't do much, didn't move at all really. I removed it already and couldn't find any others.
Anyone have more experience and know what this is? Is it harmful?

IMG_1710.jpeg IMG_1711.jpeg

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
It's the larvae of a dermestid beetle of some sort. People use them in cleanup crews, so probably a species they use for that. They feed on dead organic matter, such as dead roaches.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
don't think it's a caterpillar.
Almost Looks like it's what we call a house centipede up here. Scutigera coleoptrata
No way! I know those guys WELL! Used to live in a floor level apartment in NYC and at any given night could see 5 or 6 on the wall. These guys are FAAAAAST.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
It's the larvae of a dermestid beetle of some sort. People use them in cleanup crews, so probably a species they use for that. They feed on dead organic matter, such as dead roaches.
Turned out BETTER than a Caterpillar!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
On closer inspection, this is what I think it is too

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Turned out BETTER than a Caterpillar!
Agree to disagree :rofl: I like caterpillars; these guys not so much. There's nothing particularly wrong with them if you keep them contained. But they can cause damage to clothing, furnishings, taxidermy/dead insect collections, and even books if allowed to roam free and cause trouble.

But I'm biased because I have a soft spot for caterpillars. Lol

CamranT

Arachnopeon
Part of me wishes I didn't get rid of it.. Thank you so much everyone!