Weird behavior G.rosea

kin-inam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just wondering why every time after eating, my rosea sling picks up a lump of substrate and walks around with it. These pictures were taken at different incidents. She/he does not seem to do anything with it she/he just takes for a walk for a couple of hours. Any ideas?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's just the Classic little T playing bull dozer and havin fun.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
either that or if the substrate is wet then it could just be getting a drink. T's can suck moisture from dirt.
Yeah, but usually they don't move it around while they're doing it. I vote that the T is just enjoying itself, my G. aureostriata loves to play bulldozer more than anything in the world. :) OP, I bet eventually you'll look into the enclosure and see some random hills, or burrows, or who knows what else. They're good little landscapers. {D

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah...you guys are probly right. i just glanced at the pix....the substrate is pretty dry...so yeah...BULLDOZER! :D

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I forgot to say how incredibly cute those pictures are. I've only managed to catch my one little bulldozer-y T with a mouthful once, I think it usually does that at night when the lights are off. I love how they always get a chunk of dirt that's bigger than their head, it's like a little toy poodle carrying around a Great Dane's chewtoy. {D

8Pat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all!
I once observed a similar behavior with my A. geniculata sling after eating. I thought it was simply trying to discard prey remains.