Websters

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does any of your regalis' web? Do they make a retreat at all? or do they just hind behind a log or something?

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Poecilotheria Formosa had webbed itself in, but since I had to clean out the terrarium it has not webbed itself a new hide. It just hides between the glass and the corkbark.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, trying to resist... must order... regalis spiderlings...:}

BTW:
How is your setup for the regalis?

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wish i had a webcam or digicam! i'm actually a bit proud of the looks of my regalis-setup ;) real rainforestlike. Have a driftwoodlog (shaped like a corkbark) and a rather large piece of bark, which looks like the trunk of a tree (also shaped like a corkbark). I've got a big fake plant, and lot's of fake ivy'ish plants hanging from the walls/ceiling. The tank is a littlebit bigger than a 10 gallon. Had hoped for a webbing spider, but as the regalis is so beautiful it doesnt matter all that much (webbing would make the rainforest setup look even cooler ;)).

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you want a T that webs a lot you should get a Green Bottle Blue, they web A LOT!.
I keep mine as a terrestrial, but it might be fun to try and keep it as an aboreal. Maybe I'll try next time I clean out it's terrarium.

I'm considering buying a copule of regalis slings and keep them together.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yay, and the P.Murinus' web a lot too.. but i kinda want an aboreal webber ;) mebbe P.Irmina? :?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
My irminia wasn't very webby. Webbed up it's hide a bit, but not much else. Avics make some nice tube webs though.

Scott

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
okay.. if they don't web all that much (regalis) will they even make/have a hide? or are they opportunistic "hiders"? ;)

i mean; will they have a place they will dart to hide in, when disturbed? or just run around till they feel hidden.. :p i'm rambling =D

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tito
If you want a T that webs a lot you should get a Green Bottle Blue, they web A LOT!.
I keep mine as a terrestrial, but it might be fun to try and keep it as an aboreal. Maybe I'll try next time I clean out it's terrarium.

I keep one of my GBBs in a flower vase. She has made the coolest web tunnels! However, she molted and has grown too big for the vase. Kinda like the ship in the bottle LOL
I need to get her a bigger vase.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by schlinkey
okay.. if they don't web all that much (regalis) will they even make/have a hide? or are they opportunistic "hiders"? ;)

i mean; will they have a place they will dart to hide in, when disturbed? or just run around till they feel hidden.. :p i'm rambling =D
Yes they will make a hide and they will stay in it a good portion of the time. If they are out and about and you have to do something in the enclosure, they will generally run into their hide.

Scott