cerda17

Arachnopeon
I was just wondering what tarantulas spin:
a - a lot of webs
b - very little webs

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It depends Totaly on the species and the specific Tarantula.
Some spin Alot as a general species rule.
Some won't show any web making save making a thin carpet along their territory that you can hardly see and dropping a little down while working on a cricket.
Sometimes more, sometimes Less.

Always research what kind of tarantula you want Befoe you buy it so you KNow what to expect with webbing, burrowing or both, agression, heat and humidity needs, and toxicity of venom. In case you do get bitten.

cerda17

Arachnopeon
That is what I was looking for, the species. I am not going to be buying anything, I was just wondering what species spins the most, and what the less. I guess I should of specified SPECIES in my original post.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A few of the major webbers are Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Pterinochilus murinus, Chilobrachys fimbriatus, and alot of the arboreal species. Alot of the terrestrial species- Aphonopelma moderatum, Thrixopelma pruriens, and Brachypelma boehmi for a few don't spin as much webbing. Hope this helps.

Andy

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My C. fasciatus webs quite a lot too ...

Dennis

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P murinus are normally prolific webbers - the adult Golden Starburst in my local reptile centre has swathed the entire tank in web. My one however, never webs at all. :confused:
My Usambara on the other hand webs rather a lot. C cyaneopubescens also web plenty, and I've seen H minax produce some intricate webbing.