Webbing up? AGAIN?!

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crazy roseas. My largest female molted two weeks ago. Before she did, she webbed herself in her log hide, and sat around in there.

I fed her once a week after her molt, 5 full adult crickets. She ate them all up, and now has webbed herself up, AGAIN. And does nothing.

Is she in another premolt already? Some information to consider; her 3rd leg was lost once upon a time, she's grown it back. When I bought her it was smaller than the others, she molted, now it's only slightly smaller than the others... is she trying to get that leg back to normal size?

What's the process for Ts getting limbs back? They don't grow back the full size right away, I know that.

I know roseas are weird... = S

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i actually have the exact same question about how quick it takes to get back into "pre-molt". My 3.5 inch rosie also regenerated a leg after her last molt and went hardcore crazy on adult crickets (about 5-6) in total. Now she doesn't eat, but still has that one gimpy leg. I know rosies are known for weird eating habbits but...

any information would be greatly appreciated

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, She's not in premolt already. She's probably won't be interested in more food for some time but don't expect a molt this quick. How big is your rosea? If it's around 4 inches or larger, I wouldn't expect another molt for another year.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No, She's not in premolt already. She's probably won't be interested in more food for some time but don't expect a molt this quick. How big is your rosea? If it's around 4 inches or larger, I wouldn't expect another molt for another year.
thanks for the info! watching her pounce on the crickets was fun while it lasted, lol...

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There's nothing "weird" about that. It's just kinda like how you may go out to get something to eat and then come home and shut the door. Tarantulas' hides are their homes and they feel secure there, particularly if they are digesting such a large meal. A T that does "nothing" is healthy and happy, that's a good sign. She's definitely not in pre-molt if she's eating. Lost limbs will be regenerated in the next molt but they are usually smaller than normal. The limb will probably return to normal size following the next molt.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She's definitely not in pre-molt if she's eating. Lost limbs will be regenerated in the next molt but they are usually smaller than normal. The limb will probably return to normal size following the next molt.

She talked about that above in her post. :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well I can still tell. =S
Well then one more molt should do the trick. Most of the time two is enough. Rarely a third. I have never had a third molt needed to have that limb be back to normal but its nothing to worry about.

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, I'm not really worried. Concerned a bit, yeah, but I know they'll be back to normal (as normal as a rosea gets anyways). I'm mostly weirded out by my two roseas. One thinks it's a rock, the other is aggressive as heck. And I mean aggressive, not defensive. She actually goes after things thinking they're food. But some how she's handleable... o_O;

It's time for a new T. Can't make up my mind between a B. smithi or H. lividum. 'Neat coloration v.s. pet hole with something blue inside'. HAHA. Oh choices!