Webbing the glass?

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I looked over, and my G.aureo is webbing stuff between the glass and the cork bark in front of the corner she adopted as her house. Like, seriously getting her fuzzy but high up against the glass, and then attaching down to the bark.

She doesn't have a roof over her hide. Could she be trying to web herself in for a pending molt?

Edit: omg she is scraping hairs off. I have never seen her do this before. This could be it!

Last edited:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yep sounds like a molt. try not to disturb too much. but take pics.

moose

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
sounds like she is preparing a molting web.
Yeah I agree, because Grammostola spp. don't usually web for one and...

omg she is scraping hairs off. I have never seen her do this before. This could be it!
... Ts do this in the wild to prevent predators from bothering them while they'r molting.

Let us know how it goes!

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I woke up and she's upside down in her web. Hoorjay!

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats, how big is she? Hopefully you can sex it if you don't already know the gender.
It's a female, Vogelspinnen sexed her before I got her from him. She's about 3" right now.

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh alright, even better! Is this it's first time molting in your care?
Yes, I've only had her about two months, and as she's my first T it's the first molting I've ever had happen under my roof. :)

Managed to snap the following before I had to leave.

Last edited:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she'll be real purtty when you get back.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Aw, too bad your not gonna be able to see it! It truely is a wonderful experience, but like 138 said, she will look nice and gorgeous when you get back.

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, she's out of her old skin now. She's just laying upside-down in her molting mat. Her legs are curled up against her, though. Is that normal? I thought they stretched after they were done molting. She did move a little when I came in, though.

Edit: now that I look at her, she's actually moving around quite a bit, she just has her legs close to her body.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, she's out of her old skin now. She's just laying upside-down in her molting mat. Her legs are curled up against her, though. Is that normal? I thought they stretched after they were done molting. She did move a little when I came in, though.
That is perfectly normal, they curl up to rest after the molt, then they flip over and stretch out all their legs. Congrats on the successful molt!

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is perfectly normal, they curl up to rest after the molt, then they flip over and stretch out all their legs. Congrats on the successful molt!
Thanks. :) I'll get some new pictures when she's up and about.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She is gorgeous! It looks like she put on atleast 3/4". Once more, congrats!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was looking at your pics again, and I just noticed the wierd spot she decided to molt, I love it! lol

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was looking at your pics again, and I just noticed the wierd spot she decided to molt, I love it! lol
I removed her exuvia today. She'd moved a little bit, but I didn't notice she was still sitting on part of it. >_< She got spooked a bit and moved, but I got a good look at her.

She's grown by like an inch. I didn't expect her to grow THAT much. o_O