Webbing the glass?

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it looks great...amazing what a quick skin change can do huh?

moose

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I removed her exuvia today. She'd moved a little bit, but I didn't notice she was still sitting on part of it. >_< She got spooked a bit and moved, but I got a good look at her.

She's grown by like an inch. I didn't expect her to grow THAT much. o_O
Woot! Yeah, in my experinence I have noticed that Grammostola spp. tend to have a big increase of size after each molt. Maybe that's why they take so long huh.

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it looks great...amazing what a quick skin change can do huh?
Yeah, there's a definite color difference in that picture. Her leg setae are quite a bit poofier, too. :)

Novak said:
Woot! Yeah, in my experinence I have noticed that Grammostola spp. tend to have a big increase of size after each molt. Maybe that's why they take so long huh.
It's like they save it all up or something. :) How much longer between molts do they take compared to other species?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, there's a definite color difference in that picture. Her leg setae are quite a bit poofier, too. :)

It's like they save it all up or something. :) How much longer between molts do they take compared to other species?
I'd say Grammostola aureostriata is the fastest growing of the Grammys, but in general I'd say Grammostola spp. take a few more months as slings and a few more years as adults.

I want to find this thread for you that was made awhile back, one member here had Grammostola rosea slings(around 1" or less) that were 7 years old! I believe he based it on how much food the T would actually get in the wild. :eek: Woah huh?