Webbing species?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd like to pick up a new species of T which does some heavy webbing for a show terrarium. Any recommendations?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm, theres lots I've seen. Id say hmm:

P. murinus
H. lividum
A. versicolor
P. lugardi (maybe i had one that webbed it up lol)
and sum others!!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hmm, theres lots I've seen. Id say hmm:

P. murinus
H. lividum
A. versicolor
P. lugardi (maybe i had one that webbed it up lol)
and sum others!!
I'd also throw the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens in there as well.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How about P. murinus. They web alot and are an awsome orange color to show off. Anther one that webs a lot would be GBB. They are pretty too. How about an H. incei. They are a dwarf species but they web a lot.

P. murinus
C. cyaneopubescens
H. incei

Last edited:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How about P. murinus. They web alot and are an awsome orange color to show off. Anther one that webs a lot would be GBB. They are pretty too. How about an H. incei. They are a dwarg species but they web a lot.

P. murinus
C. cyaneopubescens
H. incei
if you want webber's that list is it!!!!!!!and the H. incei can be communal

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well this is good to know :) P. Murinus & H. Lividum are pretty much sitting at the next couple purchases on my wanted list, so I guess things are going to work out for me already! {D

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. Lividum is a pet hole and not recommended for a display species???????

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Some arent I've seen some just sit around and web the enclosure like it was a P. murinus!! Maybe because it couldnt burrow but I've seen pictures and videos..

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've heard this time and time again, but I still think they're pretty rockin looking spiders and I want one regardless. i've seen people say their H. Lividum will come out readily to hunt when feeders are introduced, hopefully mine isn't too shy when I get one!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no worries mate, its a good rule of thumb that they disappear and you usually never see them:wall: until its a substrate change or a rehousing

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've heard this time and time again, but I still think they're pretty rockin looking spiders and I want one regardless. i've seen people say their H. Lividum will come out readily to hunt when feeders are introduced, hopefully mine isn't too shy when I get one!
yes they are beautiful

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens should provide all the webbing you ever need.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens should provide all the webbing you ever need.
Damn pretty T's too! After going back to take a look for some C. cyaneopubescens web pics I think this should definately be my show webber!

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You forgot the Ceratogyrus. This is the brachycephalus. I don't have a marshalli, but the bechuanicus does the same.

Attachments

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My GBB has his spinnerets working constantly. Always adding new web, and webbing sphagnum moss to his hide (never gets used), and decor. Very intricate webbing too, various passages and holes so he always has quick access to anywhere he want's to go, or anywhere a cricket may try to hide. Add to the massive webbing that they are just so colorful and aggressive feeders....you really can't go wrong with a GBB.

trapieter

Arachnopeon
kaine just gotta say wow to that e. murinus webbing looks like the inside of a tornado fantastic! I just hope my p.murinus makes me so proud when he grows up lol

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ephebopus murinus
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Chilobrachys fimbriatus (my small juvies house is just web! It's covered in it!)
Avicularia sp. web nicely
Psalmopoeus species live in tube webs