Webbing question

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When a T is moved to a more spaceous enclosure and he webs immedately (Sp) in this one but it took him a week or so to web in the first one i had him in my house...does this mean he loves his new one much better or is this axienty (sp) webbing?....meaning he is webbing out of nervousness from the transfer???

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
When a T is moved to a more spaceous enclosure and he webs immedately (Sp) in this one but it took him a week or so to web in the first one i had him in my house...does this mean he loves his new one much better or is this axienty (sp) webbing?....meaning he is webbing out of nervousness from the transfer???
Impossible to say really. The only thing one can be quite sure of, if the T hasn't really moved arround in the tank a lot (and it's a bit doubful even if it has...) it won't know that the new tank is more spacious than the former one*, thus that won't have an impact on how safe the T feels in it's new home.

One thing that seems reasonable is that it webs to stake out territory and to possibly prepare alarm wires or that it builds a first part of it's scent road by which it finds home (possibly). All this is highly speculative. For sure is though that if it's not up on the walls it's not as stressed as it could have been but that also doesn't have to do with enclosure size.

*Because that would mean that it knew it was in a tank i.e. spacious, but confined space.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As was said above, it could be anything. Perhaps when he was housed in the other enclosure, the temps were lower so he was less active, or perhaps he was still slightly stressed after travel or shipping. But wouldn't worry as webbing isn't really an indication of anything being wrong regardless of what caused it. Hope your little guy is enjoying his new home!