Webbers

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I'm dying to get a true web-head spider, so please tell me; what species are prone to serious webbing? (both aboreal and terrestrial). The ones i know of so far are GBB (cyano.) and P.murinus. What else?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both of my C. fasciatums are real webby. I've seen a lot of really webby Pterinochilus too.

Atrax

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
My C. fasciatum, even though still just a juvenile, is also a hard core webber. My Versicolor sling is as well, but I'm not sure about adults.

Bill

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually i can buy a fasciatum tomorrow.. ;) costs about 100$ (us)

though it's pretty tiny.. are they slowgrowers? or just simply a tiny sp?

and can other confirm their webbyness?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by schlinkey
Ouch! Are all T's in Norway that steep? I think I paid 15 for the one I got at 2".

Bill

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
steep indeed.. :p well in petstores at least ;) we've got at least one breeder/dealer here and he's got more uhm let's say reasonable prices :D

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The two terrestrials that have a ton of webbing in my experience is the Greenbottle blue and Usambaras, all kinds of web tunnels and hammocks - looks like quite the halloween decorating frenzy in their tanks.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Definitely webby. They are not that big as adults. My adult female is about 4" legspan.

Atrax

TypeO-

Arachnopeon
Like code monkey said, the Usambaras are intense webbers, Mine has just about her entire enclosure webbed up.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
my webbiest Ts in order from most to least are:

GBB (C cyaneopubescens)
Het Mac (H maculata)
Usambara
A versicolor
C fasciatum
A braunshauseni
L parahybana (haha, just kidding!)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer

I think maybe that you should move to the United States. ;P

Just Kidding. Ok, not really! ;P

I have a small Trinidad that isn't very webby, but it has made some cool webs. Like tunnels.

I have a s'ling P. fascitum that is still in the vial. I likes to web. I can't wait until it gets color!

I want a green bottle blue really bad, and a P. murinus too.

Big Dragonfly

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm dyin to get a het mac.. those are gorgeous. Havent seen any here in norway yet though

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chilobrachy's for sure. No other webbers like them. Goes out of it's way to web the whole cage, from the top to bottom, literally. Never seen so much web. All you do is throw a cricket in there and watch in try to move in the web while the t just runs out and grabs it. Awsome. I love chilobrachy's. One of my favs.

-Jeremy

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm dyin to get a het mac.. those are gorgeous. Havent seen any here in norway yet though
That is strange seeing as you are closer to their native habitat than we are over here in the New World.

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah that may be true Jacen, though as I said; only one dealer/breeder... the rest are petshops (which in turn means no "exotic" sp's)

btw, is 115 us $ ok price for a lividum?

Tito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Thomas,

you think to much, buy 'em all!!! Use some norwegian dollars, it's only money...:D
And I agree, the one breeder(whose name shall not be revealed) isn't exactly cheap either. But, since there ain't no such thing as cheap any more in Norway his prices probably ain't all bad. I've seen some T's that are cheaper in Norway than in the US. Well, at least one:D :D

Oh, and petshop-prices truly sucks in Norway. One (1) cricket costs 5 Nkr, thats somewhere around 50 cents US.

Geir

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are a few breeders in the UK, the Netherlands and Germany that I know of that will ship T's, with shipping included it will still be much cheaper than the prices you mentioned! (this said I never ordered T's, I bought all mine on shows in Holland)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah that may be true Jacen, though as I said; only one dealer/breeder... the rest are petshops (which in turn means no "exotic" sp's)

btw, is 115 us $ ok price for a lividum?
OUCH! WC adult lividums are around 35.00 U.S. dollars here in the states the last time I got one.
Ed